Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Raised on river...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero???

I know these are hard to analyse since Villian's range is so wide here but I wanted to see what people said. Villian is 50/27/1.7/39 over 171 hands. Thanks,

Krishan
Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Raised on river...

I just fold the flop.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you wanted to make a play at a 60% steal raiser on a fairly favorable board for a resteal, can you analyse the river?

Krishan
Old 11-09-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you wanted to make a play at a 60% steal raiser on a fairly favorable board for a resteal, can you analyse the river?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this board is favorable? Looks like a bad one to me. An aggressive player will give you no credit for a hand and probably take lots of stabs at you with with weak hands (as well as pounding you when has an Ace or bigger PP).

That said, river looks like a call.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:54 AM

You will get shown an Ace or completed flush alot, but you are probably good more than 10%, so show it down.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Yeah, what Dane said. No one is going to believe that you have an ace. With an ace, people might have 3-bet him preflop or maybe c/r'd the turn - I don't necessarily see much fastplaying on the flop usually (that's why I fastplay as a default against LAGy opponents). Anyway though, I also call the river with 2nd pair on this dry board against an aggro player.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You think this board is favorable? Looks like a bad one to me. An aggressive player will give you no credit for a hand and probably take lots of stabs at you with with weak hands (as well as pounding you when has an Ace or bigger PP).

That said, river looks like a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe I need to work my resteal strategy a bit. I folded the river and afterwards thought I should have called.

Krishan
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

call. hate it, but call. he could be pushing a lower pp, a 9, etc. he's not, but he could be. that aggression factor is what concerns me.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Why did you bet this river? You'll never fold a better hand, but you will fold worse hands. If you check, a pocket pair might bet.

Regardless, I dont like the flop or turn play. I probably check-fold the flop, but if I took the line you did, Im definitely done with the hand after the check-raise is called.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why did you bet this river? You'll never fold a better hand, but you will fold worse hands. If you check, a pocket pair might bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the river bet is bad. I think a check is better. I think worse hand will definitely call. But they will also bet most of the time. But a check call means I don't have to worry about a raise.

I'm not sure on this but it seems right.

Krishan