Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 AM

Default normal buyin

Hey guys..I play teh 20's SNGS and I am trying to switch to nl for a bit to get rid of the monotony. I was owndering if i were to play 200 NL Ring...How many tables at a tmie do you guys average....is it possible to 8 table the 200 NL ring as i 8 table the 20's sngs....Also do you buyin for the full 200 or do you buy in for about 100...50...40...?? Thanks in advance guys
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: normal buyin

I buy in for full and I 4 table the 200s. I think its possible to 8 table but it is probably fairly stressful.

make sure you have the bankroll requirements for these games.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:59 AM

Ok thanks alot for the advice...is it possible to buy in only 1/2 the amount or does that diteriorate your win rate and level of positional play.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks alot for the advice...is it possible to buy in only 1/2 the amount or does that diteriorate your win rate and level of positional play.

[/ QUOTE ]

it just depends on how you want to make your money. if you feel that you don't play postflop as well and that your main source of money will come from being tighter preflop, then buyin in for shorter is fine.

I think when you are first transitioning from SNGs to cash games, buyin in short is not too bad as stack sizes are really low for the majority of SNG and you aren't used to say folding top pair top kicker or folding bottom two.

not saying thats the norm but certainly with full buy in or deeper, these things come up more often.

so the better you think you play postflop, the more you should buy in for full.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:35 AM

i don't play the bigger limits yet, but normally at the .10/.25 NL I would play 3 tables with a full buy in at each table, and if I I don't cover all the stacks at the table, I will keep reloading to the max all the time until I build a bigger stack. Stick to a bankroll that covers the games that you buy in to, I have heard 25+ buy ins is a good start. This is redundant, but it is important to be able to play NL games comfortably.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:39 AM

a good trick if you don't cover all the stacks at the table:

say this is 25 NL - if I ever get down below the max-buy in, like 5 - 10 bucks, and I am playing a pot, I will hit the reload button, so that if I win the pot, I will have that money plus the money I added to my stack from the pot, therefore getting a little extra jump at the bigger stacks at the table. I think covering people is huge in a NL game, and whether it is my money or somebody else's, I like to get to the top as quickly as possible.