Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 07:21 PM

Default AK missed flop

Villain is LAP (48/15/1.22) but only 35 hands on him. Is this ok?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 11-08-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: AK missed flop

I play it the same, with stats like that he'll have AQ, AT, A9, KQ, alot of the time here and just keep drawing to the ace. So while I'd like to see Button fold, I'd love to see villain call, as this is mostly for value.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Yeah, so, what's the question? Villian shows no aggression after the flop. If you don't hit on the river, easy check behind.

-Jaran
Old 11-08-2005, 07:40 PM

I think it's fine since his raising range is pretty wide. Turn is somewhat questionable, but you're ahead of hands like AQ, AT, A9s, KQ, QTs which are possible with his range I think. The way the hand played though it looks like you were behind until the river, oh well, but I think you want to be careful not to auto-bet your overcards. The button cc'ing three on the flop say mid pp or AQ to me so that may be reason to not bet the turn and hope it gets checked through. I think a little over-aggression is good for image so long as you think they are paying attention and will call you down with your big hands. Don't know if that is applicable at .5/1, but something to think about at least.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 PM

Would like to see the stats on the button. I'd expect UTG+1 to raise if he has a hand, since he doesn't I'd expect him to turn over A-x, maybe a small to middle pair. My limited experience is that LAPs mostly come alive when they have the nuts. Button might have been on a draw, but since he folded who knows.

Assuming they are both passive, I'd play it the same way and probably fold if they had raised.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:59 PM

My flop bet was more to define my hand. I wanted to see where I stood, and then when UTG+1 check/called the flop, I thought that my AK may be good, so bet the turn, not being able to put button on a hand. FWIW, UTG+1 had KTo, and then berated ME for my play!

button is LAG, 32/6/2.08
Old 11-08-2005, 08:06 PM

This is a place where PT and HUD helps me. I know it's not good to be too depend on the software, but I have the players flop and turn fold % on my HUD. A lot of player auto call the flop no matter what but fold about 70% of the time on the turn. If I think that I can get 1 or both of them to fold them I am much more likely to bet here because the fold equity increases.

If I think I can get the button to fold I am much more likely to bet because I can just check through unimproved.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:13 PM

Looks good to me.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:14 PM

grunchin away

That's a good board for a continuation bet. If he is passive post-flop, it's possible that he has a mid-pair, and is passively calling your bets, even though he's ahead. However, there is a good possibility of being ahead on the flop. In this case, I would probably bet the blank turn as well, and check the river UI (not folding a better hand). With that river card, your bet here is squeaky clean. At the end of the hand, it appears he probably has something like AT and is calling you down to see what you 3-bet pf with.