Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Do you guys do this? Having position vs a maniac

The SB is a maniac who I've been watching very closely and know his game very well. He will bet everytime he is checked to and will always lead the flop HU OOP. If there's been a pfr he will bet into the raise with any piece of the board, or any reasonable draw. He loves to bet ragged flops 1st in with air. He only folds pf or post-flop when his hand is hopeless. I've seen him 3-bet the turn with bottom pair and even with turned flush draws with multiple opponents. He has caught me trying to bluff him and quite frankly has owned my sorry ass for the last 30 minutes or so as I've been isolating him unmercifully and he's been outflopped or drawing me every single time.

I'm in the BB with A6o.

The action is folded to the SB who calls. This means he has two cards. He raises a lot pf but his action is primarily post-flop. I have no doubt he will try to push me off my hand and will lead every street with air. I decide to see a SD before the flop. My line will be call/ call/ call unless I improve in which case I will raise the turn or river depending on the strength of my hand.

Thoughts?

What kind of hand will you raise the turn with? (he will 3-bet with any piece or draw but will fold hopeless holdings)

What about waiting for the river?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Do you guys do this? Having position vs a maniac

i raise pf, because i think i make money on that exchange and because i think the size of the pot post flop is irrelevant to him.

i will usually show down depending on the board...
Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Do you guys do this? Having position vs a maniac

[ QUOTE ]
He only folds pf or post-flop when his hand is hopeless. I've seen him 3-bet the turn with bottom pair and even with turned flush draws with multiple opponents. He has caught me trying to bluff him...

[/ QUOTE ]

No bluffing this guy of course.

I don't think the idea is making this guy pay extra $$$ in a single hand.
The idea is to let him think he is playing his game while you take his $$$.

If he has just completed before then I raise preflop. If he has not I do worry a bit about being dominated, but you have to suck it up and play this hand strongly.