Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Wierd villain CR question

sorry for the poor format.

.25/.5 i have $60. villain has $20

i call with KQs UTG+1 (mistake?). table fold around to Sb who completes, and BB checks.

flop is 6h 9h Qd. sb checks, bb checks. i bet 1.5. sb folds and BB check raises to 3. i call. sb folds

turn is a Ts, BB checks (i suspect he was playing for a free card? so i bet 3/4 the pot and BB min CRs again. i fold.

critiques?
Old 11-06-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Wierd villain CR question

Call the min c/r. I can't tell if you are getting odds to call to hit your 4 outer to a straight. You may have the best hand though. Call and see what the river brings. I have never seen someone get check-donk raised on two consecutive streets. He could have something goofy like J10.

Calling this preflop is a mistake in full ring, but in 6 max I usually like to bring this in for a raise, but that really depends on table conditions.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:26 PM

i agree that it was a mistake to call at a 10h table. only reason i did was because table had turned into a rock garden with no one raising at all. but the again i should raise or fold.

im just wondering what someone is check raising the turn with. why wouldnt he have bet out on the turn after CR on the flop? seemed really fishy. i also would have only lost $7 to call and put him in on the turn. was frustrating.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Yeh real goofy hand. I hate this kind min-raise min bet crap, but you will see that often at these stakes. I would've called the min-raise and see what happens on the river. If he checks, check behind unless you rivered a straight. I don't bother trying to extract any extra value from these donks I can't put on a hand. If he moves in, well, you have a decision to make.

And yeh, full ring, this is a fold in EP. If the table turned into a rock garden, bring the hand in for a raise.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Check behind the turn. Call a reasonable bet on the river (assuming its a blank)...although I think you are beat after the mini-c/r twice. He probobly has a set.