Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 01:21 PM

Default bankroll building still feasible in micro?

Hi, I'm a beginner to online poker play. I've got a party poker account which I open a while back and have play some games with that, but nothing serious. I just stumbled across the 2+2 forums, and read some of the articles in the beginner's links. I have some questions the validity of the bank roll building articles, and in particular the micro bankroll. I'm not a serious player, mainly because I don't have the expendable income. I'm feeling that I can spend about $100 a month on poker. However, if I were to be able to build up a good size bankroll, then I think I would have more patience to study the game and read more books and read more forum postings.

Now, after that brief description, I just basically want to ask whether the bankroll building articles are still valid anymore. I noticed that they are written a couple months back, and I went and visited bonuswhores.com and it seems some of the bonuses are not valid anymore, especially the party skins, and the monthly reloads.

So does anyone have any good up to date advice on building a bank roll with a minimum deposit of $100?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: bankroll building still feasible in micro?

Homer's bankroll building thread , a classic.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer's bankroll building thread , a classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it's classic, it's out of date.

Bankroll Building, version 2
Old 11-05-2005, 01:42 PM

Nice, added to favorites [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I searched for it cause Wookie mentioned it a few times (and I have been inactive for quite a while) but couldn't find it.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:44 PM

This is one of the articles I read, and it indeed is a great article. However, the reason I started this thread is because

1. This article is less suited to players like me, who don't have very much money to handle the variances.

2. Since this article was written a while back, a lot of the bonuses no longer work anymore.

So I would like to know if there is any more up to date advice out there for someone like me to build up a bank roll.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Here's a great updated thread by the wookie

Building a bankroll V2.0

And another good post by Q-tip about staring out in (online)poker and how to suceed

Found Here

That should be enough to get you started. And to answer your question Yes you can take a $100 bankroll and with proper play and some site jumping start to get to a decent level.

<---- was at UB for about a year playing break even. Started interacting here in July and at the time had $150 in my bankroll. Moved to Stars from advice of this forum. Picked up SSH and read and reread it. Now have $400 BR and have withdrawn over $200 in bonuses I've cleared. I could have left that money in my BR but I'm moving up slowly since I suck at poker**.

**My advice on BR management and online play is far beter then my ability
Old 11-05-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, added to favorites [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I searched for it cause Wookie mentioned it a few times (and I have been inactive for quite a while) but couldn't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just searched "Bankroll" and it came up (make you extend the date of the search to get as many hits as possible).
Old 11-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. These links are a great help. I'll be sure to pick up SSH and study that more before I sign up anywhere else. I wish I hadn't dove right into Party.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:02 PM

I play exclusively at UB, which gets some bad press here fairly often as having too many tight players. Probably true--since I haven't played other places, I can't compare. I've also read that UB bonuses clear slowly. Again, I can't compare. However, the nice thing is that there's no deadline for clearing bonuses. I recently took 2 1/2 months to clear a $50 bonus, playing 2-3 hours each week. This allowed me to single-table and play good smart poker the entire time I was working off the bonus.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the nice thing is that there's no deadline for clearing bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars and Paradise bonuses do not expire either. I have somewhere around $1k in uncleared bonuses between those two sites for when I move up in limits enough to make it worthwhile to clear them.