Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:19 PM

Default FT hand 4 ppl left,fold or not?

final table of speed tounrny.
4 ppl left ,and their stack size is 250K(chip lead) ,25K,30K and mine was 160K.
blinds are at 10/20K .
first prise is 4K ,and 4th is $650.
ME UTG : AKo
raise to 60K
chip lead is on SB and puts me all in?
standard fold or call?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: FT hand 4 ppl left,fold or not?

easy call 4handed and given your stack.. but I would have pushed all-in when it was your turn to act.. why raise to 60K, and then leave yourself with 100? If an A or K doesn't show up and SB just calls preflop, do you fold the flop and leave yourself 5BB?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:23 PM

Thats a tough situation...you could just sit for 3 or 4 more hands and let the blinds wipe out the other 2 players. What is the pay difference between 4th and 2nd?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:25 PM

Yikes, pretty interesting situation. I would probably open-push so that i couldn't get put in this spot. As is.. I really don't know. Prize structure and the stacks of others usually don't affect my decisions as much as they should because I REALLY want to get first so i would probably call. Looks like $EV might be greater for a fold though? Not sure.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:21 PM

the difference is $1100 and thats what i was thinking,but on the other hand the difference between 2nd and 1st is almost $2000
Old 11-04-2005, 06:27 PM

ok ,the way i was looking at the hand was purely from a $$$ point of view.
i have a about 70 chance of making 2nd(giving the blinds and the stack of other two players) so this calls for folding.
im giving up a chance to win it so get more cash,so this calls for calling.
the raise to 60K and the reason why i didnt open push was to leave my self the opation of folding if the chip leads decides to take me on.
i wasnt worried about the other two as i had them coverd.
to answer your question of how i would play the flop if chip lead had just called is i would deffo fold if i didnt get an A or a K.
im an under dog even if the chip lead has as little as 22!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the raise to 60K and the reason why i didnt open push was to leave my self the opation of folding if the chip leads decides to take me on.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that he probably knows, or at least guesses, this. He's liable to push a middle pair here, knowing that you'll fear a coin flip with him, whereas he'd fold that same middle pair if you open pushed (he's not really interested in flipping a coin with you, either).
Old 11-04-2005, 07:08 PM

i know that he is not interested in coin flip with me and thats why i min riased ,thinking he would not really take me on if he dosent have a hand cuz he dosent need to as i could hurt him.
i agree that my open push would make him fold a lot of his hands but at the same time had i got called then i would more than likely be the underdog.
any way i foded to him and came second in a hand my heads up my AT v Q8
Old 11-04-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know that he is not interested in coin flip with me and thats why i min riased ,thinking he would not really take me on if he dosent have a hand cuz he dosent need to as i could hurt him.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you have set it up so that he can reraise all-in with air here if he's aggressive enough, knowing you can't call and jeopardize your high finish.

(I had the reverse situation from a tournament a couple days ago. Fourhanded, blinds 3k/6k/600, two shorties at 30k, me in the sb with 130k, bb has about 65k. I open push 66 so I don't have to deal with a reraise figuring he almost certainly won't call anyway. He does though-- with A7s-- and my sixes hold up. He called me an idiot afterward. Hehehehe.)
Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 PM

I call, but you really have to just open-push this.

If you just raise, you are BEGGING the big stack to put you all in. And the fact of the matter is that even if he puts you all in with 78o every time and you call every time, you're both losing money. Simple ICM theory but you guys (especially you) don't want to mess with one another. So don't let him think he can fold you out.

However, as played, at this point the pot odds are so good and your hand is so strong that you have to call. I hope your hand held up and you ran over the table after that.

Everett