Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:02 PM

Default 3/6 SH vs LAG

LAG is on my left. he's not afraid to raise and has done so often vs opponents. I folded twice to this player when I completely missed the flop and he raised me.

This final hand got dealt just as 2 players left so it was 3 handed. This was going to be my last hand vs him because I really don't want to play LAGs to my left HU.

3/6 SH 3 players Fish in BB LAG in SB.
Fish have been pretty easy to handle and call with almost any hand.

In BUT with A3s, I raise. BUT reraises, BB folds.

FLOP: 2 5 6 rainbow. LAG bets, I hesitate.. call.

TURN: 2 5 6 Q (2 hearts). LAG bets, I raise, LAG quickly reraises, I think and call.

He's raised almost every hand so this was a semibluff with the ace over and the gut straight. Figure him for K9, Ax, 2 paint. He took no time thinking about the board so I figured he missed also and maybe my ace was good.

TURN: 2 5 6 Q 3, LAG thinks and checks, I check.

Now the question here is if I felt I was ahead should I have called down or performed the semi bluff? I called the turn reraise based on the player and the # of reasonable outs I thought I had.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: 3/6 SH vs LAG

[ QUOTE ]
Now the question here is if I felt I was ahead should I have called down or performed the semi bluff? I called the turn reraise based on the player and the # of reasonable outs I thought I had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this type of player will fold much here. I think I'd either call down or fold depending on any postflop reads you have on him (i.e. is he the type of LAG who will go nuts when not faced with any aggression or is he the type that can figure out when he is behind?).
Old 11-04-2005, 09:20 PM

The 2 on the turn is a scared card. You need to realize most lags will habitually bet scare cards. Bottom pair is more than a bluff catcher shorthanded with three players. In fact, A high is often good.

I would have called the turn, and value bet the river.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:26 PM

raising the turn is pointless. He is never folding a hand better than yours. I'd personally raise the flop and take the free card and then call river against most opponents, but raising against this guy just leads you to get 3 bet. Consider just calling down if you think he's full of it.