Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Check with Outs?

The flop calls could mean anything, but unless someone turned top pair I think I'll usually be behind if I get action on the turn. On the other hand, I have 11 outs against a flush (7 spades, 2 aces and 2 eights) and trips (9 spades and 2 aces), so I need to make someone prove they've got it.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero . . .

And part 2: let's say I bet and call a raise, call the river unimproved?

Scott
Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Check with Outs?

EASY bet/call on the turn. If I get raised here or on the river, I usually call down, but I think better players can find a fold on the river if they don't improve.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:27 PM

easy bet. heck i might even 3 bet depending on the action as a King might be a retard and raise here.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy bet. heck i might even 3 bet depending on the action as a King might be a retard and raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely bet, but I think 3-betting is asking for trouble. You might make a K fold, and you'll get capped by hands that beat you.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:00 PM

i haven't read the responses but checking the turn seems alright. i think you should bet/call with so much equity, but it's incredibly unlikely a free card will give someone the best hand if they don't have it already, and you might induce a turn bet from a worse hand. i'm leading the river unimproved or improved, however.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:06 PM

I think if you consider checking here, you are overthinking a lot of situations. I would bet, call a raise, and then probably check/call the river, in case I am up against K with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].