Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Help me correct a couple leaks

These are the things that I'm currently struggling with in MTT play at my levels.. any advice would be great:

1.) Top Pair out of the blinds.. when I have top pair (like Ace rage on an Axx board) out of the BB and there's 2 others involved in the pot, how much should I be betting to see where I stand? Should I value bet or should I just see if someone else has an ace? (And if they do they surely have me dominated).. I see myself losing a good amount with this play.. or let me rephrase and say that I lose more than the minimum (since I have to make a play when it's my turn to bet, right?)

2.) Min Re-raises against my MP/LP hands.. when I have JK or something out of 4th + position, I play for a raise and at micro levels get min-re-raised.. now.. I have like 6:1 odds to call, and there's no hand that would put me that behind.. but I basically know he has a Premium Pair and im dominated.. do I still call knowing that Im gone if I don't hit a straight or two pair?.. or do I conserve?(assuming I have a medium sized chip stack, like 15-20BB)
Old 11-05-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Help me correct a couple leaks

In case 1., I usually prefer to check and try to judge from the action where I stand.

In case 2, unless I had a good chance to steal the blinds, I would generally not raise with KJo from 4th position. If you raise with AK-AQ, pps, or suited connectors, you will have good odds to call even if your opponent has a big pair. Also, are you sure of your read that the minireraise is a big pair?
Old 11-05-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Help me correct a couple leaks

[ QUOTE ]
In case 1., I usually prefer to check and try to judge from the action where I stand.

In case 2, unless I had a good chance to steal the blinds, I would generally not raise with KJo from 4th position. If you raise with AK-AQ, pps, or suited connectors, you will have good odds to call even if your opponent has a big pair. Also, are you sure of your read that the minireraise is a big pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya I put a good reliability factor on it.. the bettor certainly doesn't want me to go away so I don't see many other hands that would do this.. now, if he's been minreraising with other ranges, I'll put him on a wider range, but if this is the first time, I'll have to respect it.