Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:07 PM

Default 11 minute 2/4 video up for review

Here is the link <font color="blue"> http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...B2DGP9Z9KW4DBM </font> ...the file is ~75MB. There are a couple of hands I'm not too sure about...Capping the flop with A5o against SB and that 55 hand I raised in LP are probably the two I had the most trouble with.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: 11 minute 2/4 video up for review

Any comments?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:11 PM

i think that 99 hand you should've raised preflop.

the A5 hand was ugly as hell, but i already told you that.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Anyone else?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 AM

I'm downloading it and I'll post comments later on.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 AM

97s limp after only one limper with only tight players left behind you. I'd fold that preflop.

Raise the 99 preflop.

I don't know about that K4o raise from the BB when the LAP completes.

I think you should have raised the J6o when that poster timed out and folded.

See you folded 97s later on after 2 limpers.

That 55 hand is pretty interesting. HU I think if you call the flop you should call the turn too. I could be wrong though I'm a fish.

That A5 flop cap was a little much.

Otherwise, looks fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that 99 hand you should've raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should consider raising the 99 from the SB with only 2 limpers since you may fold out the BB and then it sets you up to take the pot down quickly if your 2 opps miss the flop.

But I think it's close and while I was watching I was thinking 'just call'. Once you are called in so many places on that flop I check the turn at what looks like a passive table.

Edit: I looked again and you have 3 limpers. Just call because BB will have odds to stay with plenty of holdings and your pair of 9's has only a marginal chance of holding up UI against 4 opponents, and can be tough to play OOP.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:13 PM

I think I would call the turn bet with the 55, but I can be a calling station.

I would have limped the Kd9d in that situation. You are in early/mid position, but you have UTG limp, and a CO post, plus a couple seriously LP fish behind, so it figures to be a decent sized pot with plenty of opponents. I look for opportunities like this to get my VPIP up a bit in the more LP 2/4 games.

My only other comment is I'd recommend you check out PokerAce HUD for your table top, or some other app that flips up your opponents mucked hands. Very helpful for getting reads while multitabling.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
97s limp after only one limper with only tight players left behind you. I'd fold that preflop.

Raise the 99 preflop.

I don't know about that K4o raise from the BB when the LAP completes.

I think you should have raised the J6o when that poster timed out and folded.

See you folded 97s later on after 2 limpers.

That 55 hand is pretty interesting. HU I think if you call the flop you should call the turn too. I could be wrong though I'm a fish.

That A5 flop cap was a little much.

Otherwise, looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

him not limping with the 97s behind 2 limpers was an "oops". i limp suited 1 gappers on co or btn against bad players (but i play 6 max) and crazygoose's recent run made me suggest he tighten up a bit on those pretty marginal situations esp, when you are more likely to have to hit a hadn to win the pot.

the 99 hand i think is pretty close, but i like to raise. TT+ i def raise and 77- i def just call, so it fits somewhere inbetween.

i liked the raising of K4o when the sb open completes. yea, the sb range of hands usually has K4o dominated, but betting the flop should increase his fold equity, and its pretty easy to get away from.

i thought he played the A5o off hand atrociously, although there was a draw on the board.

i forget the 55 hand, crazygosoe can you post it up in this thread?

also fwiw, crazygoose downloaded the newest version of pahud and hasn't paid the $25 yet, so thats why he's using gt+... i think he he plays pretty good, probably needs some work in blind play and probably some postflop decisions, although 2/4 doesn't really put you to the test much.

also: is there any sort of ideas going around ss for players to share videos of them playing to each other, and reviewing each others session this way? if you guys got something going, i would be willing to watch some videos with crazygoose to work on his game if others are willign to do the same for him (he and i live in the same house)

stealthcow-
Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 PM

The thing about the K4o hand is the player who openlimped was like 60/5/whatever. I don't remember the exact read, but you don't have much flop fold equity against a player like that.