Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Default AK Flops trips.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Was that too passive? If I raise anywhere before the river, I propably lose one player.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: AK Flops trips.

nh?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:03 PM

i don't fault your play... three betting the flop wouldve narrowed the field once the turn bets came around... think you got about as much out of it as you could
Old 10-29-2005, 01:03 PM

I think reads would make this a lot more interesting.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:05 PM

Don't slowplay on the turn. You'd rather go to war and get 5-6 bets than just call to *maybe* get one bet out of an overcaller.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Hmmmm, how to extract the most from top-trips-top-kicker?

[out on a limb] 3-bet the flop. Your opps have both indicated that they like their hands, but I don't think you can count on action all the way through the hand since SB didn't 3-bet. Also, Villans are much more likely to fold to a turn raise than a flop raise. [/limb]

When you didn't raise the flop, I definitely raise the turn when SB donkbets. You _might_ get called by MP1, but you'll definitely get called by SB, so you're not losing a bet there, and maybe gaining 2.

Good river bet.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:32 PM

You're in perfect position to 3-bet the flop. Yes I realize this makes it obvious you have a monster and no I don't care.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're in perfect position to 3-bet the flop. Yes I realize this makes it obvious you have a monster and no I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if that costs you 4 or more BB ? Would you care then?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're talking about. Nobody at this level is disciplined enough to fold for 1 SB when they've already invested 2 on the flop; so you immediately win an extra BB on the flop when you 3-bet.
On the turn your relative position is bad when you don't have the initiative. The SB betting puts you in the "raise or overcall" spot, and if SB checks you're going to have to bet anyway because you can't risk the button checking the turn thru.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure it's going to cost you even 4BB, much less more? The only way you're seeing any significant action past the flop with two aces on the board is if somebody else is holding the fourth one, and even then they're likely to be worrying about their kicker (and if you're getting a significant amount of action on the turn and river you need to be worrying about your kicker, too). And you raised preflop. Get the bets in while they're willing to give them to you.