Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Sklansky-What kind of god is he?

I'd like to use this forum and Sklansky as a model for showing how impossible it is to determine a god or deity's plans, wants or desires--assuming that deity exists.
This forum was created because of Sklansky (god) and we all reside here due to this creation. I dont know how many days it took to create but i do know that he has the power to destroy it with a word and also to banish anyone of us he chooses.
Now the question is what kind of god is he? Using his very own writings (which is more than we have from the earth god) we should be able to come up with an idea.
Is this forum here merely for his profit, because he wants us to have a place to express ourselves, because he gets ideas from it, a diversion? Is it a place for us to relax? Does Sklansky want something from us or could he care less?
Does Sklansky even exist or is someone else using his screename?
At the end, Sklansky himself could (if he so chooses) come and declare who has figured it out.
My thesis is that nobody here has a clue what Sklansky's intentions are for this forum, and he should be far more easy to understand than the God of our universe...
I dont want this to get personal, I want to confine it to the purpose of this forum as if it were a self-contained world--which it sort of is. Most of you will claim we cannot possibly know, which is my point exactly.

-g

g
Old 10-28-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Sklansky-What kind of god is he?

A believer could argue that your analogy breaks down in that people dont personally experience Sklansky acting in their lives (not the ones I'm comfortable with being around anyway). They could argue that your analogy, even if taken without argument, only proves you cant deduce God's existence. You must instead believe on faith.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 PM

Is Ed Miller Jesus?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Please, no Chris Ferguson follow-up jokes.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Ed Miller Jesus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Is Ed Miller way cool?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A believer could argue that your analogy breaks down in that people dont personally experience Sklansky acting in their lives (not the ones I'm comfortable with being around anyway). They could argue that your analogy, even if taken without argument, only proves you cant deduce God's existence. You must instead believe on faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why it is a good analogy.

Perhaps it is simply a computer program running that randomly selects from a series of questions or remarks to post. Maybe it is Sklansky’s 9 year old nephew who is really posting. Maybe it is a peyote eating Sklansky SMP Forum God who simply pops in every so often and makes posts for amusement only. Maybe it is a SSMPFG who is looking to share with others his Wisdom. It could be a SSMPFG who not only wants to share his Wisdom, but has fully appointed paid for the next 100 years high-roller suite at the Bellagio waiting for those meets his criteria. What is that criteria? Maybe the “prize” isn’t a future prize, rather it is simply the opportunity to receive this Wisdom free for all to partake - it is here and now.

Some might decide that since it cannot be determined they refrain from posting. Some might find the posting and the replies to be the whole point. Some might find the posting and the replies not to have a point, but that is enough. Some might find the interaction in posting is a good path to lead to something. Some might find that path might someday lead to the answer to the question of why the SSMPFG posts. Some might even someday hear from Sklansky the SMP Forum God personally. Some might have already heard from the SSMPFG, perhaps by PMs. Some might have received PMs but deleted them because they weren’t looking.

It comes down to choice. To try to figure out what you think the options are regarding the Sklansky SMP Forum God . Then one makes a choice and acts accordingly.

Oh, and btw to benkahuna: Ed Miller I bet is way cool. Check out his and his beautiful bride’s wedding pic in the B&M forum. Looks pretty hip to me.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:41 AM

Sklansky's lone commandment: Thou shalt not be stupid.

hmm... does that make me the sklanky-satan? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 12:18 PM

None of the religious posters seem to want to tackle this one. Can't figure out Sklansky's wishes for this forum but still claim to know god....

-g