Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:31 PM

Default 5/5 heads up live - c/r flop

here is another hand from a longish heads up session. we've been playing for around an hour. villian has ~450, i cover.

i complete w/ Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the sb. villian raises to $25. i call.

flop($50): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], i check, villian bets $45, i raise to $100. villian calls.

turn ($250): A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $175....
Old 10-27-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: 5/5 heads up live - c/r flop

bump
Old 10-27-2005, 03:13 PM

It sucks.

Don't bump crappy threads.

Wrong forum.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]Stacks too small. Sorry.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:23 PM

While I stick by my original reply.... I'll try not to be such a jackass.

Raise PF most of the time.

Flop: C/Ring TPGK on a completely drawless board (and indeed, in general) is just looking for trouble. Sure get value out of his continuation bets, but when he calls you, you're just building a big pot OOP and you're probably behind. He might be calling with JT-T7, but he is likely to be way ahead and have you drawing at 3-5 outs, or basically dead if he has a set. Furthermore, it is just so easy to outplay you on this hand, as a raise at any point and you're done. Essentially, you're bluffing here.

Furthermore... the amount that you c/red is very weak. C/r pot or call/lead turn.

I would have just led the turn, and played it from there.

Turn: Since you were basically bluffing anyway, you might as well continue. the A isn't a great card for you, since now he will rarely if ever fold AT, and may scare out other weak Ts. Although, it very well might fold out KK-JJ, KT.

I pretty much always follow through on the turn after I c/r flop... but this might be a leak.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM

He was betting the flop about 90% of the time he raise PF, so I was trying to extract more money out of him with a c/r. I expected him to fold and was a little surprised when he called. What I hate about this hand is that I'm building a pot without really knowing if I'm ahead or behind. The bet on fourth street is maybe the worst bet I've ever made.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was betting the flop about 90% of the time he raise PF, so I was trying to extract more money out of him with a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do this with air, and the turn isn't so frustrating.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:37 PM

I do it with air about 60% of the time. I let him take some unraised pots with a continuation bet so he keeps trying.