Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:22 PM

Default TPBK - How Are My Lines?

I'm Still trying to apply the fundamentals and I want to see how I'm doing. Please critique all streets:

Table overall is 21/9 over 80 hands. Way too tight for my normal taste but I was up 15 BB and playing well overall.

UTG+1 is 22/10/2.0 over 50 hands
MP3 is on his first orbit.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> I would normally only call AJo UTG but I made a nOOb mistake and thought I was in MP so I bet not seeing any raise in front. I called the 3-bet since I had already committed the first bet. </font>

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="green"> I flop TPB(est)K and figure I’ve got the advantage now so I led because I’m pretty sure UTG+1 will re-raise. I didn’t expect the 3-bet from MP3 so I only call thinking he must have a high PP that he was slowplaying, maybe even the other 2 J’s. </font>

Turn: (15 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="green"> I see the possible [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flush draws on the board so I am prepared to c/c here given I’m OOP but figuring since the pot is huge I still have odds to call. </font>

River: (22 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> The 3rd J falls and now I know that MP3 doesn’t have but 1 J at most and I’ve got the A kicker. I fire way til I call the cap. </font>

Final Pot: 30 BB

Including the nOObish mis-raise pre-flop, I didn’t feel good playing this one. Was I too weak on the flop and turn? Did I misread something? One flaw I know for sure was that I wasn't paying any attention to the overcallers. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: TPBK - How Are My Lines?

Do you understand how little that last jack helps you here? It changes just about nothing in this hand. This hand will hopefully get a good discussion going since there are lots of interesting things to talk about here.

Edited to say that the flop play is interesting and it would be nice to see if betting out is better then checking. I honestly dunno here.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:28 PM

funny that the street you seem to feel (most) bad about is the only street i like. nice preflop raise.

wouldn't bet flop, wouldn't coldcall two on turn, wouldn't 3-bet river.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you understand how little that last jack helps you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I do. At the time, no. It wasn't until I sat down and drafted this post, reviewing it street by street did a lot of this become clear to me. The process of breaking these hands down for posting is extremely helpful. I hope alot comes out of it too!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we thinking that someone flopped a set and therefore made the boat on the river? I would have thought someone 3-betting 22 or 55 PF was unlikely.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we thinking that someone flopped a set and therefore made the boat on the river? I would have thought someone 3-betting 22 or 55 PF was unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's MP3 we're worried about, not UTG+1. Well, we're worried about UTG+1, too, but MP3 is even scarier.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF 3-bettor folded. The 2nd jack would be a great card if he were the villian. As it stands, the guy we are facing probably flopped 2-pair and made a boat on the river or flopped a set and made a boat on the river. If he has 52 and flopped 2 pair, he isn't going to go crazy with it on the river.

Brad
Old 10-26-2005, 07:58 PM

Grunch,

I think you misread the hand. I had to read it a couple of times before I think I figured it out. Pre-flop, you thought you were in MP, so I won't comment.

Flop, you bet with TP and a good kicker, UTG+1 raises telling me he's got AA-QQ, flush draw or a set, when MP3 3-bets, I pretty certain he has a set outside chance of a flush draw, but my guess would be 5's. Hard to put the SB on a hand since he's so passive. At this point I drop this thing.

River: yeah it adds a spade flush draw, but mostly I'd figure it's a blank for UTG+1 and MP3, The strong action now REALLY makes me think that at least one set is out there.

Ugly, but I can't say I haven't made the same mistake.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The PF 3-bettor folded...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. So we most likely put villain on 55 or 22 given that it was 2 back to him when he called PF?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't bet flop, wouldn't coldcall two on turn, wouldn't 3-bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand the turn and river comments. Are we not betting here because it's likely that someone has an overpair? Could we check and raise/call if it's only 1 back to us?