Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Default everybody breaks here ?

this guy has not shown great play nor bad play, but I keep asking about that one. does someone keep the T pat ? I have no particular read on him nor hands>>>

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: null
Level: $2/$4
Players:
SB($98) seat 0
BB($93) seat 2
UTG($21) seat 3
Hero($330) seat 4

Button at seat 3

Hero posts. SB posts.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

BB raises. UTG folds. Hero
calls
. SB folds. Hero takes 2. BB takes 2.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 2(2.25BB)

Hero bets. BB raises. Hero calls. Hero takes 1. BB takes 1.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 3(4.25BB)

Hero checks. BB checks. Hero takes 1. BB stands pat.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 4(4.25BB)

Hero checks. BB checks.

<font color="white">Hero shows 7s 6d 3c 3h 2s.
Hero has a pair of threes.
SB shows Jh 8s 7h 4d 2d. </font>
Old 10-24-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: everybody breaks here ?

Yes.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:25 PM

I would never keep a nine in the same spot.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:07 PM

I think this hand is automatic until the river. On the river, you should bluff some of the time against an opponent who will ever fold the river after standing pat.

Based on the action he has a jack or a ten. You need him to fold a little less than 1/5 of the time to have a neutral EV.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is automatic until the river. On the river, you should bluff some of the time against an opponent who will ever fold the river after standing pat.

Based on the action he has a jack or a ten. You need him to fold a little less than 1/5 of the time to have a neutral EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people at this level ever ever ever fold the river after standing pat? I haven't seen it unless they were FOS
Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 PM

I haven't played a whole lot of 2/4 lately. There are people that will do it, I have no idea of how many of them are playing 2/4.

It's also important to realize that this person has a jack high 90% of the time given this action. So, if you've seen them call with a jack high after standing pat, then you should obviously fold.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people at this level ever ever ever fold the river after standing pat? I haven't seen it unless they were FOS

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However a raise in a big pot (this is not) against a HU player who is known to take stabs is a good thing to consider at times.

PS: I don't take stabs at the river, so don't try it on me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against particular players at higher games, 10-20 to 80-160 people will stand pat weak but realize they're beat if they get bet into. its not a bad play on their part if they know their opponents' bluffing frequencies.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 AM

oop you have to break here. too much will go wrong if you stand pat.