Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 02:54 AM

Default watch me play poker

2 sh tables 2 semi-full 20/40 tables. there are a few glaring errors im sure but i haven't gone through it myself yet.

sry PAHud wasnt working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so we just have to deal with table reads. please find the tons of leaks!

video
Old 10-20-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: watch me play poker

CO openraises, you call in the BB with A9o

board is all unders rainbow uncoordinated. You checkcall? turn is a king you checkfold?

++hard to make out the action. i would checkraise this flop. the king is a bad card but you gave him your money by calling the flop and folding the turn. you pretty much just gave him a half a bet.

-
UTG2 openraises, button calls, you call in the BB with J9o

++dont like this blind defense. from a LMP raiser i would defend, maybe MP2, but UTG2 youre dominated.

-
3 handed, button openlimps, SB raises, you call in the bb with 78o

flop is K78

SB bets, you call planning to raise the turn.

++i would raise this right on the flop although i could see a case being made for the turn.

-
3 handed, SB openraises, you 3bet K9o from SB bb calls sb call.

flop is QTx. you bet, bb folds, sb raises, you 3bet

++i dont like the 3bet. i would just call at this point unless you had a particular read. did you? villain is sweeta11

-
you openraise AJo EMP, CO 3bets, you call.

flop is A89 2 hearts you dont have a heart

you bet, he raises, you 3bet he calls?

turn is a blank

you bet, he raises you call.

++wowow. i would slow down. flop bet or checkraise is situational but the 3bet is crazy. then you called a turn raise. do you have a read on this guy that hes nuts? if not you spewed alot against normal players.

-

you openraise KQcc UTG, UTG+1 3bets, folded to you you call.

flop is J42 with a club. you check he bets you call

++i see no reason to draw even to your backdoor flush draw. your overcard outs are tainted and he has you crushed. fold

-

you openraise in the CO with A2s, BT calls, BB calls.

Flop is 855 with a flush draw out there none of your suit. you bet, but raises you call

++why are you calling this raise? even if you catch your ace youre probably dead to your kicker.

-

co openraises, you call in the BB with 93s

++foldfoldldlldolflld

-

you openraise ATo from HJ, button a megadonkey calls, BB calls.

flop is K24

BB bets, you call

++foldldolfoldloldldlfold

-

you openraise on the BT with J9o, SB a megadonkey calls and so does BB

flop is Axx with 2 of your suit

you bet, SB checkraises bb folds you call

++what were you thinking? were you going to bluffraise the turn? when the turn came and you picked up outs you just called. if you were not planning to bluffraise you are giving this idiot your money.

-

44vpip player limps in MP, you raise in LP with A5o

++i wouldnt isolate players with A5o. i think thats way too low. youre in a reverse implied odd situation with barely any preflop hot and cold equity.

-
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

maybe I should take a video of my computer for a 24 hour period so someone can help me figure out why I never end up playing
Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 AM

Default 5:30, upper left

No idea what type of player CO is. If he is so loose-passive that this is unthinkable, consider this for a more average/whatever type of opponent.

Baron's got K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP1.

Preflop:
3 folds, Baron raises, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Baron bets, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Sb checks, Baron bets, CO calls, SB folds.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Would this be a good situation to induce a bluff/bet from a weaker hand?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO openraises, you call in the BB with A9o

board is all unders rainbow uncoordinated. You checkcall? turn is a king you checkfold?

++hard to make out the action. i would checkraise this flop. the king is a bad card but you gave him your money by calling the flop and folding the turn. you pretty much just gave him a half a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on calling down. he was a donkey, the board was ragged. the king changed my mind.
-

[ QUOTE ]

UTG2 openraises, button calls, you call in the BB with J9o

++dont like this blind defense. from a LMP raiser i would defend, maybe MP2, but UTG2 youre dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, im way too loose in multiway hands with connectors i think

[ QUOTE ]

-
3 handed, button openlimps, SB raises, you call in the bb with 78o

flop is K78

SB bets, you call planning to raise the turn.

++i would raise this right on the flop although i could see a case being made for the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think raising the flop kills some action and i can make up a ton more equity on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

-
3 handed, SB openraises, you 3bet K9o from SB bb calls sb call.

flop is QTx. you bet, bb folds, sb raises, you 3bet
++i dont like the 3bet. i would just call at this point unless you had a particular read. did you? villain is sweeta11

[/ QUOTE ]

i have reasonable equity here, and the guy had seen me playing back at him. he seemed reasonably solid but i thought it was a fairly good chance for him to play back

[ QUOTE ]

-
you openraise AJo EMP, CO 3bets, you call.

flop is A89 2 hearts you dont have a heart

you bet, he raises, you 3bet he calls?

turn is a blank

you bet, he raises you call.

++wowow. i would slow down. flop checkraise is situational but the 3bet is crazy. then you called a turn raise. do you have a read on this guy that hes nuts? if not you spewed alot against normal players.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i spewed a lot here. i shoulda just layed it down on the turn.

-
[ QUOTE ]

you openraise KQcc UTG, UTG+1 3bets, folded to you you call.

flop is J42 with a club. you check he bets you call

++i see no reason to draw even to your backdoor flush draw. your overcard outs are tainted and he has you crushed. fold

[/ QUOTE ]
-
man i really hate checkfolding this flop. but it is probably right.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop is 855 with a flush draw out there none of your suit. you bet, but raises you call

++why are you calling this raise? even if you catch your ace youre probably dead to your kicker.

-

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that button coldcalled then raised any flop was really suspicious. i think a worse draw is VERY possible and theres no way i give up that easily.

[ QUOTE ]

co openraises, you call in the BB with 93s

++foldfoldldlldolflld

-

[/ QUOTE ]
this one was a misclick

[ QUOTE ]

you openraise ATo from HJ, button a megadonkey calls, BB calls.

flop is K24

BB bets, you call

++foldldolfoldloldldlfold

[/ QUOTE ]
no. this guy wasnt a donkey. he knew what he was doing. i was tempted to raise this one and bet the turn but i decided not to. i think he bets into me with a king about 0% of the time.
-

[ QUOTE ]

you openraise on the BT with J9o, SB a megadonkey calls and so does BB

flop is Axx with 2 of your suit

you bet, SB checkraises bb folds you call

++what were you thinking? were you going to bluffraise the turn? when the turn came and you picked up outs you just called. if you were not planning to bluffraise you are giving this idiot your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was definitely planning on c/r the turn here. guy was a total moron on the flop and was raiisng pretty muchc every flop. but hten i picked up outs and wussed out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
-
[ QUOTE ]

44vpip player limps in MP, you raise in LP with A5o

++i wouldnt isolate players with A5o. i think thats way too low. youre in a reverse implied odd situation with barely any preflop hot and cold equity.

-

[/ QUOTE ]
ehh, its close. A7 is an easy raise, A6 is a raise but closer, A5 is on the border. this is definitely not my standard play.

Thanks for your time btw. definitely appreciate it.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: 5:30, upper left

i dont think this is the time to induce a bluff. he'll check behind a lot of queens and tens here.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:29 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default weeeeeeeeak

4 handed, CO opens, you call A9o BB. flop 842. you check-call. turn K. you check-fold
Old 10-20-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

-

the fact that button coldcalled then raised any flop was really suspicious. i think a worse draw is VERY possible and theres no way i give up that easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand that hes been playing back at you every hand, but knowing that he is going to bet any turn, unless you plan to call him down the flop call is -ev. if your plan is to checkfold the turn unimproved youre bleeding chips.

also, i think the twoplustwo standard is that A5o is too low to be isolating players. it sounds reasonable that you think your preflop equity is good so a raise has value, but A5o plays terribly postflop. when you flop an ace they checkfold and when they flop a pair they check call. you have no folding equity and all you end up doing is allow them to extract value when they have a pair and fold when you catch your ace.

Default Re: weeeeeeeeak

[ QUOTE ]
4 handed, CO opens, you call A9o BB. flop 842. you check-call. turn K. you check-fold

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i was gonna call down till that K hit. you suggesting raising the turn there? raising the flop?

I hope I make a celebrity guest appearance at one of these tables.