Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Default A Theoretical Great Spot For a Stop and Go

Blinds are 75/150. Button miniraises, SB folds. Hero has AA and t301 before posting BB.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: A Theoretical Great Spot For a Stop and Go

Why would you want to stop and go here. You want him to go all in. The stop and go is used to make people fold.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds are 75/150. Button miniraises, SB folds. Hero has AA and t301 before posting BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:55 AM

And you would "go" with 1 chip??
Old 10-24-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shakes head in disbelief
Old 10-24-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to stop and go here. You want him to go all in. The stop and go is used to make people fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do want him to fold the flop if you don't flop an ace. maybe that's the joke? this thread sucks.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Explanation

Fold equity is good for us when calling is correct for villain. Calling is clearly correct for villain preflop, and we definitely have 0 FE. After the flop, calling is essentially always correct for villain also (he's getting 751 to 1), so if he folds he's made a big mistake, and it's great for us. If we can get him to fold some ridiculously small %age of the time, we've gained EV.

I mostly made this thread in response to the comment that I frequently see in threads in which people say "We have the best hand, so why stop and go?" Frequently, villain will be getting the correct odds to call even if we push, so we want villain to fold.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Explanation

[ QUOTE ]
Fold equity is good for us when calling is correct for villain. Calling is clearly correct for villain preflop, and we definitely have 0 FE. After the flop, calling is essentially always correct for villain also (he's getting 751 to 1), so if he folds he's made a big mistake, and it's great for us. If we can get him to fold some ridiculously small %age of the time, we've gained EV.

I mostly made this thread in response to the comment that I frequently see in threads in which people say "We have the best hand, so why stop and go?" Frequently, villain will be getting the correct odds to call even if we push, so we want villain to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no...there is no explanation, your line on this hand matters....never. You know that.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]YSSCKY.

If this situation ever comes up for you enough to make it a realistic topic, then I'll take it back. Until then, this is retarded.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the flop, calling is essentially always correct for villain also (he's getting 751 to 1), so if he folds he's made a big mistake, and it's great for us. If we can get him to fold some ridiculously small %age of the time, we've gained EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's bad for us when villain folds after we flop a set (if he doesn't have backdoor draws).