Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:47 AM

Default I cap QJs. Hilarity ensues.

This is just a goofy hand and I have no freakin idea what I should have done. Button in the hand is 42/25/4.5 over something like 50 hands and he's a pretty nutty guy

SB - 25/8/2.8
MP 20/11/1.5
CO - 56/18/1

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 10-24-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: I cap QJs. Hilarity ensues.

After reading that I'd swear the two of you are colluding [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 05:52 AM

PF cap looks good. I'd 3-bet the flop as your equity is very strong (you also don't mind knocking CO out to possibly clean up/protect some outs).
Old 10-24-2005, 05:55 AM

Don't feel bad. No matter how much +ev there was in your bets/raises, you missed your draw.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF cap looks good. I'd 3-bet the flop as your equity is very strong (you also don't mind knocking CO out to possibly clean up/protect some outs).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the things I was wondering. I think this is a fairly big mistake on my part since CO might come along for multiple bets with crap anyway given his VPIP.

When someone LRRs, my postflop thoughts are always somewhere between "He has aces." and "He has crap." After he popped the flop I froze up and thought "He might have it. I better slow down, plus I can get CO to come along for sure." But the truth of the matter is that it doesnt matter if CO comes along or if this guy as aces. I have equity in a big pot that I should pump.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:18 AM

Considering the Button overlimped after two limpers you can be quite certain he is just screwing around with something random and doesn't have a premium hand. I think you can be pretty confident in your Q/J outs on this flop. Maybe count them as two each. Anyway still plenty good for a 3-bet.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 AM

Since you capped preflop I think you need to play this extra strongly on the flop. Not only to clean your outs but also because you have built up fold equity that you don't want to waste. Some percentage of the time you will take it down on the flop or on the turn. There is a good chance button doesn't have much.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:11 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I like to 3-bet the flop there, but the 3-bet-check sequence just looks so much like a flush draw, so I'm ok with how you played it