Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:22 AM

Default HELP

....If this post is outta line xorbie, lemme know and ill delete it, but im outta ideas......

I have played SSNL for about a 2 years now, activly particpate on hte forums and read up books and the like. Anyway, I started to seriously play on PP this year, quickly tripled my roll (up to 1000), and then hit a wall of medicority. I mean its like I couldn't win, but couldnt lose either. Breakeven as its finest. One day then...bam, like a ton of bricks, I hit a downswing that has eaten up my roll. I have looked a PT, and cant find it. So, if any SSNL have insomnia or are bored, I would really like for someelse besides me to look at my PT DB. Ill give you all my hands, about 15k worth of 25-50nl. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Thanks, EMC
Old 10-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: HELP

I'm at your "Breakeven" point. IT's easy to get into "Get me out of this friggin breakeven $#(#" mode, which leads into down-spirals.

Take a break.

Make sure you drink coffee b4hand.

Review your key hands.

Don't get discouraged..

I'm sure 03298403408932409 other ppl will say the same thing.... Sorry if not original..
Old 10-23-2005, 02:39 AM

bro i suck at poker... but id like to look over your database for u and me...

i have a sorta similiar problem though... i am a weenie... i am rolled to play the 400 game now and wont move up past the 50 game that i have been killing for months now...

as for helping u with besides looking over your database... u need to kill bonuses and "unmentionables", this will really boost your bankroll even if u r breakeven while u figure out the problem...
Old 10-23-2005, 02:42 AM

what are your stats for these 15k hands? like vpip, pfr, wtsd, won$atsd, aggro factors, etc.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:50 AM

Good call Riposte.....

VPIP-21.45
VP$SB-40.84
ATT to steal blinds-18.65
WOn$WSF-28.80
Wento to SD- 19.46
Won at SD-53.06
PFR-8.23
bb/100 3.35 (I cry as I type this)

Aggro
pf-.56
f- 5.37
T- 2.25
R-1.59
tot- 1.14
Old 10-23-2005, 01:24 PM

Any takers today?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:00 PM

Your stats aren't bad. If you want to lower variance and you're not winning, lower your PFR and VPIP significantly. There's no need for them to be this high at that level. (Of course they *can* be if you're a good player but you're not winning so....
Old 10-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOn$WSF-28.80

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play full ring, but this seems really, really low.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Chances are your not just getting unlucky, you're undoubtedly playing poor poker. Far poorer poker then you play when you're winning.

I find with me, there's a tendancy to be so damn happy I finally got a hand and hit a flop that I wrecklessly go with it... and then duh... lose.

Between that and tilt... I'm taking a break from poker. I cashed my BR out of UB today. Until I can change at a fundamental level the things deep in my mind and heart that cause me to tilt and piss my money away and play like a fish, I'm not playing again.

For you? I strongly recommend, taking a step back and taking a good hard look at your self. You probably know damn well what you're doing wrong.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:19 PM

My W$WSF was 34% and my win rate was 10ptbb/100 over 80k hands or so at 50nl full ring. I only played 16% VPIP though

I think ur stats are too loose especially in the SB. Most games have around 40-50% pots raised preflop and you still complete/call 40% of the time. Thats a lot of hands played OOP.

I wonder what your stats look like for the blinds? Do you show negative in the "diff w/o blind column?"
If you are really stuck I will look over your data more closely but I am still a beginner myself. Maybe you could do the same for me, I'm sure your thoughts on my weak tight play would help me too. We might both learn a few things.