Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Actual Rake vs. Credited Rake

Has anyone tried figuring out how much rake they actually pay vs. how much they get credit for?

You get credit for any pot that is raked, but if you are a tight player, you are probably getting credited for much more rake than you actually pay, no?

If you are in a hand and lose, you don't get anything back anyway, so the only money you really "pay" is when you win a hand.

I would guess that a tight player gets credited for 60-70% more rake than they actually generate.

Am I way off?

I think the only way to know for sure is run a query, see how much you actually paid, then see how much PT says you paid.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Actual Rake vs. Credited Rake

A friend of mine is a very tight player at the nl50 6max game on Empire Poker. Each month we compare my MGR stats to his pokertracker stats. He recieves 30% rakeback from my site and his cut almost always equals to 60% of what he himself pays to the rake.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:13 PM

Thank you for the confirmation RTR.

That is exactly the answer I was looking for.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:52 PM

That is why the party skins with involved/dealt cards rake, had people thrilled to get 25% rake back at Empire, and scoffed at 40% other places that do theoretical, or contributed rake. With the Empire rake, 25% is equivalent to 50% on sites with theoretical/contributed rake. If you are not getting anything back on pots if you don't put money in the pot, 40% really means 40% but much less choice of games.