Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Default The Writing\'s On The Wall

50-100 online. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB. 6 handed game. Folded to button, a typical aggro, but not nuts player who raises. I reraise. BB now caps (don't know him). Button calls. I call. Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, BB bets, button raises, I reraise, BB drops and button calls. Turn is the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, button raises, I puke and call. The turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he bets.

Now what? What about the turn?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-30-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: The Writing\'s On The Wall

I prolly drop to turn raise. He's not calling a cap pf with a weaker K than mine so he either has AK , maybe KQ or split but more likly a flush or set. Given his action I think I'm way behind. His call of your 3-bet on flop and raise turn is strong hand and he wouldn't involve himself so deeply in a 3-way capped pot without a hand that beats yours on the turn in my mind.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:52 PM

You gotta call this river imo, pot's too big.

if your going fold this river, fold the turn.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:04 PM

with the flop action i would read your opponent for either a good made hand thats probably ahead of you, or a strong draw. with that turn card coming off and your opponent raising, i'm struggling to invent hands that you can beat.
i fold to the turn raise. but after you called the turn i think you have to call the river.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:23 PM

What about something like Ac7x that made a bad call preflop when it got back to him and then played his hand aggressively postflop? KQ (same hand as me)? AQ with Ace clubs that was trying to push me out on the flop?

Obviously, it is more likely I'm in very bad shape here. But is this an automatic turn fold in these aggressive online games? I'm getting pretty good odds on calling the turn (12.5-1) but of course I could be in very bad shape.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2005, 09:49 PM

I think it is very close Jeff, but I think you need to let it go on the turn. That card helps a ton of hands that the button could open with. Not to mention you don't have a club, which doesn't help at all. There aren't a lot of hands that I like your chances against. Even agaisnt two pair you only have 4 clean outs at max not to mention the strong chance you're drawing dead already.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:51 PM

i call down but i am paranoid and i like to yell at the screen and bitch at my opponent for playing k10 or 89c.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:20 AM

He'd play KQo with the Qc the same way.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 AM

Drop it on the turn raise or call the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 AM

personally if i make a button steal with A7o or something like that and it gets capped back to me i'm passing. on the other hand if i'm stealing with 89s or something similar and it's capped back to me i'm seeing the flop.