Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Pokershare

Received this message today from Pokershare:

You may know that the PokerShare Affiliate Program through Income Access has not come out with an official policy regarding rake rebates or cash incentives. However, several factors including feedback from players, staff, management, UB and affiliates have created the need to implement a policy on the matter.

Effective November 1st, 2005, PokerShare has decided that the Affiliate Program through Income Access will no longer be allowing affiliates to offer cash rake rebates to new PokerShare players. It is our belief that this policy is in the long-term best interest of the business and our affiliate program.

As of November 1st, affiliates offering cash rake rebates must cease advertising any PokerShare cash rake rebate offers on their sites or elsewhere. The players you have referred will continue to be tagged to your affiliate account and you will still continue to receive commission payments for their play. Again, non-cash incentives or rebates will still be permitted and players that signed up for rake rebate offers through affiliates offering them are still eligible to receive rake rebates. If you have questions about the new policy or anything else, please feel free to contact pokershare@incomeaccess.com

Thank you for your understanding.

The PokerShare Affiliate Team
Old 10-26-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Pokershare

Hmmm...Does this mean that we have until November 1st to sign up for rakeback??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm...Does this mean that we have until November 1st to sign up for rakeback??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it seems to only mean that u can't advertise it after nov. 1st -- nothing stopping you from still offering it (just not publicly)...hmmm...reminds me so much of another site's policy...
Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it seems to only mean that u can't advertise it after nov. 1st -- nothing stopping you from still offering it (just not publicly)...hmmm...reminds me so much of another site's policy...

[/ QUOTE ]

The message from PokerShare says that the policy will be enforced beginning November 1st and that all players who have signed up for rakeback will be eligible to continue to receive rakeback.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:20 PM

They sent out the same email about 3 weeks ago that said it would end the next day.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 PM

Getting rakeback at pokershare will always be possible, legitimate, and fairly easy. It's just now you probably won't see a 2+2 ad for it.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 PM

Are you sure individual tracking will continue or maybe PokerShare plans to only keep individual tracking for everyone signed up prior to November 1st?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting rakeback at pokershare will always be possible, legitimate, and fairly easy. It's just now you probably won't see a 2+2 ad for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo
Old 10-27-2005, 10:20 PM

I have been trying to sign up for a week unsuccessfully.

Did a clean computer and a clean email address.

I wanted the signup bonus ($250), reload bonus ($200) and rakeback.

It says I am already a member of the Poker network when I put my name and address in. Is there definitive information on the workaround for this problem?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:23 PM

Unless they change their policy and allow UB account holders to play on PokerShare you'll have to have someone else make an account with their information and then give the account to you. Only way I can think of, probably not the best thing to do.