Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 PM

Default To Call or not to Call?

Table: The majority are weak tight. Urrg. Only staying the the others aren't worth transferring to. Plus we got a shuffling machine on this one, that means more hands!! Ave is 5 to flop.

Villains: Fairly staightforward, average players.
My Image: Shot to pieces. Down 30BB and haven't won in 2 hours. Meh.

$4-8 Limit Live

Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB
UTG calls, fold, MP1 calls, fold , MP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks
[Standard as...]

Flop (5) 5SB Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, fold, UTG raises, fold, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets [This is where it gets crazy. The dealer didn't see me raise, and had already brought out the turn card the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] So I calmly reminded him that he had to shuffle it back into the deck, which the other two players argued against. I told him to get the floor, he did...I was correct. 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] went back in, they called my flop 3bet and out came the....]

Turn (3) 7BB 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 raises, Hero....
[Oh well the 2nd turn card was also bad. I estimate myself to have only 5 outs here, as I don't have the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] nor do I have the two spades that are my opponents kickers... I do not have odds to call due to this, or am I wrong? Anyway I called.]
Hero calls, UTG calls

River (3) 13BB 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
[Yes Finally I might win, though I must bet as they will check as they're W-T and fear flushes]
Hero bets, UTG raises MP3 fold, Hero calls
[Yes I think, no... I know I'm done, my read says its all over, am I right? Or should I raise?]

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: To Call or not to Call?

If they are reall weak tight you should have folded the turn. You are getting 5:1 and you likey have 6-7 outs, plus you may alread be drawing dead, and you are not closing the action. I fold the turn, but bet/call the river as played.