Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Somewhat Less Interesting Hand #1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($396)
BB ($340.73)
Hero ($801.40)
MP ($444.40)
Button ($401.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $12, BB calls $10.

Flop: ($42) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, SB calls $362 (All-In), Hero ?

I've been speeding (obviously). The table has mostly just been bending over and letting my run them over, so that's what I've been doing. Haven't been neerly as LAG postflop though. Villain has been pretty quiet, that's all I've noticed because again basically it's just been fold fold fold.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Somewhat Less Interesting Hand #1

Maybe I'm far too weak/tight, but again I think I'd fold here. If the table's been submissive, odds are they're all looking for a chance to pop a LAG player, and this flop may have given the villain that chance.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($396)
BB ($340.73)
Hero ($801.40)
MP ($444.40)
Button ($401.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $12, BB calls $10.

Flop: ($42) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, SB calls $362 (All-In), Hero ?

I've been speeding (obviously). The table has mostly just been bending over and letting my run them over, so that's what I've been doing. Haven't been neerly as LAG postflop though. Villain has been pretty quiet, that's all I've noticed because again basically it's just been fold fold fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not laying this down. I think SB would do this with any number of hands including a higher flush. You may get stacked here on occasion, but you're hand is too big to lay down.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not laying this down. I think SB would do this with any number of hands including a higher flush. You may get stacked here on occasion, but you're hand is too big to lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, this is a big hand, but the scary part is that all the Hero's known diamonds are low, thus any action he's getting is probably from one or two higher diamonds.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 PM

So, basically, you're playing as a maniac, and now you catch the pefect flop and you're going to fold? Come on. Call and dodge whatever outs he has.

Plus you have an out just in case [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Also, I think this is the most interesting hand of the four you posted because it takes a lot of metagame considerations.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 PM

So he either has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] alone, a higher made flush, or air. The first looks most probable to me (would he push here against a LAG who's been pushing the table around with the nut or second-nut made flush, or give you a chance to bluff some more?). But even if he just has the flush draw, you're only roughly 70% to win. And you're only getting roughly 1.3:1 on your money here. So unless you think Prob(air) + Prob(draw)*0.7 &gt; 45% or so here, I'd fold.

Edit: of course, by air I just mean any hand w/o a diamond.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:54 PM

When I'm the maniac, people with the higher flush in this spot just let me keep betting.

Anyway, there's no way you can fold here.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:55 PM

You're discounting the strong chances that SB has an overpair, AT or a set, all of which are solid dogs.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 PM

i think villain has a wide range of hands that we are ahead here. i say his range is probably any set, 2 pair (unlikely) overpair with a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], higher flush, flush draw, and air. i like a call without a specific read that narrows his range.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:00 AM

My main arguments for a fold are the following:

-Table is weak
-SB bet into the original bettor, who is a known LAG/Maniac (thus would expect/welcome a raise)
-All known diamonds are low, leaving 5 of the remaining 8 diamonds live.

I just think there are better spots to take advantage of than this one.