Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 AM

Default 38 (35-3) Multi-tabling on Bodog question

One more question (I just posted below).....and again, I haven't seen this answered anywhere. I'm thinking about multi-tabling on Bodog. I play so far in only 35-3 6 person SNG's on Bodog. My ROI through 160 games is 39.5%. What kind of "hit" to my ROI can I expect if I decide to multi-table. Also, I would only play 2 tournaments at once (I think any more would make my head explode).

Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: 38 (35-3) Multi-tabling on Bodog question

Welcome to the forums, please take the time to read this before posting, because most of your beginner questions will be covered in there.

Your sample size of 160 games, regardless of buy-in, is very small.

We cannot ballpark your ROI when you *gasp* play 2 at a time. Multitabling will generally lower your ROI (although 2 tables might not even change it) but increase your $/hr, and thats one of the main reasons people play more and more tables at a time.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the response Brimstone, but I'm not really asking if my sample size is sufficient. Let me ask the question a different way....say I have an ROI of 39% after 5,000 SNG's. How much of a hit could one expect from multi-tabling......5-10% reduction maybe?? 15-20%??

Before I posted the first time, I read through the thread you referenced for about 2 hours....I did not see this addressed. Maybe I missed it.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:22 AM

I think one thing sort of tucked into Brimstone's response is that it's very unlikely you have a 39% ROI over the long haul, especially at 6-max (because they're shorter, so that would mean even more profit). So expect to see a dip whether you 1-table or 2-table.

Your question is totally reasonable though. I don't know the answer to it.

I'd say you'll lose more than Party/Stars 10-player STT'ers will say b/c you lose more reads (don't have PT to help and 6-max makes early reads more useful), and bodog is very stingy with time to act.