Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Is it true that Party doesn\'t cross-check NAME on Neteller account??

This has been mentioned in passing in other threads, but I wanted to get a more concise answer to this.

I was told by a few other posters that Party doesn't cross-check the name on your poker account with the name on the Neteller account you're trying to cash out to. The only check they do, so the story goes, is to see whether the Neteller account you're attempting to cash out to has ever been associated with a DIFFERENT Pay-Pro / Party account.

Anyone have confirmation of this?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Is it true that Party doesn\'t cross-check NAME on Neteller account

No they don't check the name. I know someone who has used the same Neteller with 2 different accounts and never had a problem.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:14 AM

i've used the same neteller with my old and my more recent party accounts as well and didn't have a problem.

but this has since changed.
They do not allow you to use the same neteller account anymore on a new account if you have already used it on an old one.

Thus the question that Teddy is asking which is a very relevant one.
Do they check the name on the new neteller account?? or do they just check the account number and make sure you aren't using the same account?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:02 AM

Party never linked my new account with my old. Had to mail them and ask them to close my old.

The only thing that was different between the two is deposit option and adress/zip (still live in the same city with the same phone number).
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 AM

About 6 months ago I made withdrawl from party to Neteller. It didn't show up in my account for around 3 days, but party said that it had and the money was gone from my account. They said they'd trace it for me and it turns out that I withdraw it to my girlfriend's account by mistake. Whoops.

I haven't tried doing that on a regular basis though.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party never linked my new account with my old. Had to mail them and ask them to close my old.

The only thing that was different between the two is deposit option and adress/zip (still live in the same city with the same phone number).

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you using the same computer. I have had a new account for about a week now, but, somewhat surprisingly, have not recieved the "call" yet.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they check the name on the new neteller account?? or do they just check the account number and make sure you aren't using the same account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. This is what I want to know. The other replies seem to have answered a slightly different question.

All I want to know is if a player could hypothetically withdraw to a Neteller account that is NOT in his name, as long as the account has never been linked with another Party playing account. i.e. could John Smith, who lives in Maryland and therefore can't open a Neteller account, simply use his friend Jane Doe's Neteller to withdraw to (as long as Jane herself doesn't use it on Party)? Or does Party cross-check the names and require them to match?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM

They do not check the name on the account when you withdraw, the only thing you need to make sure is that you've never used the account on Party before. Back in the days where you were able to fund two Party accounts with one Neteller account, you would only problems were if you tried to fund say Party account A with Neteller account B, and then tried to withdraw back to Neteller account B. To able to withdraw to Neteller you'd have to deposit into Party account A with Neteller account A after depositing with Neteller account B, then withdrawing the total amount to Neteller account A.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Th e-mail address registered with the neteller account must macth the e-mail registered with party. This is how they prevent someone hacking into your party account and cashing all your money out to their neteller account.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. This is what I want to know. The other replies seem to have answered a slightly different question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is mainly because people are being pretty careful at the moment. So chances are no one really knows the answer to your question since testing would be somewhat risky.