Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Shitty hands from sb.

I do this every time with A7-A2 and K10-K8o, QJ-Q10o,66-22 and 65s vs players who raise sub 5%. I play less hands the more they raise obviously. So is this just bad or is it justified. For the record I raise with A9,A7s,KJ,88,K10s,QJs. What about raising with 55 and 109s? Or maybe any A.. Im somewhat confused. Also how much does this depend on the BB.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Shitty hands from sb.

6 handed? Raise. Get the BB out, and have it HU against a player that is probably too timid to play SH (he limped in CO).

And, btw, to clarify, when you say:

[ QUOTE ]
I play less hands the more they raise obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean (I'm sure) that against a raise you'd fold this, not "against a player with a higher PFR who limped in from CO I'd fold this," right?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM

I meant vs a BB raiser. So you raise this up with A5,K9,55 or something like that?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:28 PM

I like a limp with the A5o
Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant vs a BB raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Huh? You're in SB. Oh, I see, you mean with a BB still to act with a high PFR.

[ QUOTE ]
So you raise this up with A5,K9,55 or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation, with a BB that's likely to fold to a raise, yes to ace-rag and any pp, K9 only if it's sooted.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM

I am mostly concerned about the A rag limps since I am pretty much only calling to hit an ace. Maybe A rag is bet/fold here. Fold vs a LP and raise vs a TAG. The CO is an obvious donk but I dont really like to play Ao OOP if I dont hit. Maybe I should just fold them eventhough I am getting so good odds..?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am mostly concerned about the A rag limps since I am pretty much only calling to hit an ace. Maybe A rag is bet/fold here. Fold vs a LP and raise vs a TAG. The CO is an obvious donk but I dont really like to play Ao OOP if I dont hit. Maybe I should just fold them eventhough I am getting so good odds..?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I'm developing a huge headache, so I hope you'll excuse me for not wanting to go into any depth, here, but A) it's short-handed, ace-high is a good hand; and B) you're opponent is timid, so it's not about the hand you can MAKE postflop, it's about the hand you can REPRESENT. Raise, then beat him like a tied-up cat on the flop an turn and watch him fold.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am mostly concerned about the A rag limps since I am pretty much only calling to hit an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can bet out at a lot of rainbow flops and get folds. I don't like raising with the rag ones at all