Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Weird hand

Hero has 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB.
Villian is LB a tight/aggressive player; seems to be very tight when tight and very aggressive when aggressive.
Button is average player, and my notes on him are "easy to checkraise, bets to check"

Preflop: Button limps, Villian (LB) raises, Hero calls, Button calls.

(not sure about this car, but felt I could get paid off big, and didn't really put much thought into it (Was multitabling).

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villan bets, Hero calls, Button raises, Villian 3-bets, Hero coldcalls, Button calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian checks, Hero checks, Button bets, Villian checkraises, Hero coldcalls, Button folds.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.5 BB

Did I play this right? I'm wondering about a lot of the streets here...

Results in white: <font color="white"> Villian shows KQ

Old 10-16-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Weird hand

Bet that turn. Your hand is well disguised, any action is good here.

No way I fold for one bet in that pot. Villian could have a pocket pair so easily here.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:50 PM

wow are you seirous, this is so bad. COME ALIVE SOMEWHERE. and NEVER fold here. checkraisign him on the river is baout 10 times as good as folding. Why does he have a K?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 AM

EDIT: Whoa, sorry, didn't fold the river... called!
I must have looked pretty stupid lol ...

HERO CALLS THE RIVER.

That being said, thoughts? I was planning to checkraise the turn because I was fairly sure the Button would bet it, but after the Villian checkraises after 3 betting the flop I was fearing KK,33 or A4 (this is pokerstars 10/20 btw).
Old 10-17-2005, 12:58 AM

i think calling the flop is ok. might as well string the bad button along. after its 2 bets back to you i think calling is still alright as long as your plan is to raise the SBs turn bet. too bad he checked though. you definitely have to bet at this point. button could easily have 2 blanks and its doubtful he is going to fire a bluff into the SBs strength.

so to sum up my thoughts:

pf: good
flop: ok
turn: bet, raise if bet into - i think i like the smoothcall on the turn with the button still to act. capping might force villain to fold a smaller pair then kings.
river: raise a blank, but call at the king.

also, villain is not a TAG player 3betting the flop with KQ and fancying the turn checkraise.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:52 AM

In that case, how would the villian be defined? This was the only crazy play I saw him make, up to this point he would only see flops with fairly strong hands, folded his BB to button raises quite frenquently too. But when he was the aggressor he play it very hard, 3 betting and checkraising etc. (I didn't see many of his showdown hands thought.)

From this limited description, how would I define this player? to me it just seems he is too tight and too aggressive, if that makes sense.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:07 AM

looks like a tag living off of rakeback to me.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From this limited description, how would I define this player? to me it just seems he is too tight and too aggressive, if that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a tag living off of rakeback to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like me but alas it wasnt I in this had. It's a tag on tilt. Bet somewhere.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:57 AM

i really think that after the flop gets three bet, you really need to jam it big time, and jam the turn. I'd check/call the river. BUt I really think that you missed a good amount of value on the turn and flop