Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Stud is NOT dead !!

Foxwoods is the greatest place on earth. Ever. I played 1-5 stud for about 5 hours and made a nice 128$ profit. This was my first time playing live stud. I only had to wait about 30 minutes to get on a table while my HE buddies had to wait almost 2 hours I believe. The system they have there is retarded IMO. I dont really feel like elaborating but where I usually played over the summer in CA had a much better system.

I had rolled up 333 once but that hand lost. My split As also lost. I called too much and missed some value on some hands but stud-hi isnt really my game. Every other hand I played I made a full house. I play good. My table was full of the oldest nits you could possibly ever imagine but the game was awesome because there were two maniacs going to town on each other playing every pot fast and lighting the game up. At first it was a little unenjoyable playing with these folk but after awhile they started to make me laugh. They kept making fun of me because I knew how to shuffle a stack of chips. I was the only one who tipped the dealers. I thought that was really weird because the old people I play HE with back home in CA usually tip really well. A couple of people were also very abusive to the dealers. This one drunk guy also tried talking [censored] to me, I started busting into laughter. I then proceded to beat him out of a nice pot 20 minutes later. I laughed harder. All in all, it was an AWESOME night. We got back to our dorms near Boston at about two and proceded to rage and pound beers until 7! It was the best night of the year(school year) by far!

On another note I think there were probably ten total tables of 1-3 and 1-5 stud. One 2-4 HOE game, an interest list for a 5-10 HOE, I think one or two 5-10 stud tables, one or two 10-20 tables, I think maybe one 20-40. A nice interest list for a 40-80 and two 75-150s. There was also an interest list for a 100-200 HOE game. These were all stud games. Stud sure seemed to be thriving, at least on this particular night.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Stud is NOT dead !!

There are a few pocket sites where stud still thrives to some extent and basically it is in NJ or in the east. But it is so dead in Vegas and in Ca. It is alive but is on a respirator in IC unit of poker room. And eventually it will be in the Smithsonian, along with draw.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:33 AM

Foxwoods does have the best stud action of anyplace I know of, but I don't think it's very well run. Canterbury is a much, much nicer place to play, in my opinion. I also like the Trop and the Borgata in AC better than Foxwoods.

I made a three-day trip to Foxwoods a couple of years ago. At some point, I think early in the second day, I quit tipping the dealers. They're terrible. They're terrible because they pool their tips and don't have any real incentive to not suck.

$2/4 HOE? I'll have to check that out at Christmas. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are a few pocket sites where stud still thrives to some extent and basically it is in NJ or in the east. But it is so dead in Vegas and in Ca. It is alive but is on a respirator in IC unit of poker room. And eventually it will be in the Smithsonian, along with draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stud is still regurally spread at Commerce.

Melch
Old 10-17-2005, 10:43 AM

I'd have to say the Taj is probably the home of the best Stud action.

Many good middle limit games usually going 10-20 - 30-60.

Plus you can play Stud8b in the 10/20 2 Way OE game.