Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Default two 2/4 hands (X-post in ML)

Hey all. I don't post many hands, but I'm finding that I feel lost in a lot of situations at 6-max. I'm still relatively new, and just moved to 2/4. The ML people don't respond to SH much, so I thought I might try in here. (X-post is here.) Sorry if the stakes are too low to be interesting. These were on Absolute, and there's no convertor, so I apologize also for the rough formatting.

Hand 1: (4 handed)
Button is fairly TAG. We've had a few run-ins since the table is 4-handed, and I'd definitely characterize him as a thinking player. UTG is more LAGgish at 37/14, but a relatively small sample size.

Preflop:
Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG raises, Button calls, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Button calls
Flop (13.5 SB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG raises, Button 3-bets, Hero...?

Ugh...nasty flop vs a PF cap. Any ideas? What to do from here?

Thinking about the rest of the hand, the turn was T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and river was J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hand 2: (4 handed)
I'm new to the table, so no reads yet.

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls
Flop (6 SB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG calls
Turn (4 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, UTG calls
River (6 BB): T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero...?

Comments on any and all streets appreciated.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: two 2/4 hands (X-post in ML)

hand 1 i checkrais the flop after he has capped pf. the way you played it i cap and lead the turn
But the [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]t isnt really youre moneycard neither is the j

Hand 2 i play the same. and i bet call the river