Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Hand...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...

I really wanted to lead the turn but I didn't. What do you think? I don't remember particular reads. Thanks,

Krishan
Old 10-16-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Hand...

I would lead this turn. CO will raise/4bet this flop with AT, any T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], often any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s, possibly even with an OESD if he thinks he can get a free river card. There are too many overs/draws to let them hit it for free. HU i'd say check because he's betting regardless, but in a MW pot free card plays are seen more often.

Now a turn raise would make me a bit ill, and i'd still call it down - but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Surf
Old 10-16-2005, 12:39 AM

I think I would lead the turn Krishan, as the CO could have K10 or A10 and just be overplayin it, or a flush draw and hoping for a free card. What do you put him on by his open call preflop, and then goin crazy postflop? (set?) If you get raised, then you can go into call-down mode.

There's also the SB factor to take into account. I'm curious what you think he has? I assume he has two overcards to the board, mid pocket pair, or a flush draw, but he could also be sandbaggin a set to the turn.

I do always wonder if I spew chips with these unimproved overpairs, and I'd like to see what you and others think about your line compared to bet/call down

Sammy
Old 10-16-2005, 11:35 AM

Unless I've got read on CO that he wouldn't play a draw this way, I'm leading the turn.