Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Default KK - What\'s the best play?

Ok, I know this has to be some extremely bad luck, but I'm beginning to doubt the strategy.

I'm just starting to play some NL25 seriously (after buying and setting up PT and a lots and lots of reading).

After a little less than 2000 hands I've had KK 9 times, and have won only 3 times. It is by far my biggest loser , at (-54.57).

I've run into Aces once, been sucked out by smaller pairs a couple times and had to fold to some stupid flops (QQJJX) on huge bets on the river.

My question is, from what I interpret here, it's best to get all the money in pre-flop if possible (with KK). However, at these stakes where people play/call with any Ace and any pair will you still be a favourite with this strategy? Or am I just on a really bad run?

-Tats
Old 10-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: KK - What\'s the best play?

I'd repost this in the PL/NL small stakes forum.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:07 PM

The sample size is really not big enough to draw any conclusions. When I look at my PT stats though, again not a big enough sample, KK wins as much as AA.

I've been playing NL25 to clear the Party bonus and I've lost with AA a few times. Sometimes it just happens.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Your sample size is much too small. If one or two of your losses seems particularly bad, post it in the appropriate to make sure that you don't have a leak in your game. Over the long term KK will be one of your top five most profitable hands.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My question is, from what I interpret here, it's best to get all the money in pre-flop if possible (with KK). However, at these stakes where people play/call with any Ace and any pair will you still be a favourite with this strategy? Or am I just on a really bad run?

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is, yes, you are still the favorite against A rag or whatever crap people are calling.

Return to the fundamental theorem of poker - they are making a mistake when they call your KK bet with their A rag or whatever - pretty much anything other than AA.

Your problem is a basic one with new players like us - you are being haunted by your bad beats and not recognizing that they happen all the time.