Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Bankroll question

Hi. I started playing poker about 1 month and a half ago, and i made my first deposit 2 weeks ago in Stars (50 usd). The first week i was broken even, and now im with 98. Im playing the 1,20 sngs, ad i was thinking what the bankroll to move to 5,50. My friend said 100, but im not so sure about it, i was thinking about 150+.

Any tips?

My ROI is 85%.

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Bankroll question

closer to 200 i'd say for the 5.50's

but if you can reload your bankroll if you ended up losing it, them maybe take some shots.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:16 AM

Take stabs here and there. If you lose a few in a row go back down. No shame in moving down in limits, and there's no real need to earn a full roll for the next level before playing in a game or two at that limit.

To answer your question, though, I like to keep 50-80 buy-ins for my SnGs. I also play at Party and Stars Turbos, so the variance I experience will likely be higher than yours.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:19 AM

No i cant make a new deposit soon. And i didnt have any poker books, but i have been reading a LOT of poker sites(forum and strategy), i was planing to buy books with the money i get on poker.

One more thing, what the best use for those FPP, should i wait to use then or is better use it to enter some low-FPP tourneys?

thx Exitonly
Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 AM

FPP's are awesome for satelites... they have 30 FPP sat's to 3000 FPP tournaments which are sats to EPT events. (Which, is the path i took to go to Dublin) So i use them for that... that is after i ravaged the FPP Store for the few things i wanted on there (Stress ball, beanie, hat).

--

As for books, you should definitely read some, Harrington on Holdem 1 for starrters, then volume 2. That and reading all the stuff on here should be a real nice base.

---

Now back to orginal question, since eyou can't reload for a while, i'd play it safe with the bankroll, don't take many if any shots at the bigger ones till you ahve like 30 buyins, and i wouldn't move up full time till you're at 50-75 buyins.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi. I started playing poker about 1 month and a half ago, and i made my first deposit 2 weeks ago in Stars (50 usd). The first week i was broken even, and now im with 98. Im playing the 1,20 sngs, ad i was thinking what the bankroll to move to 5,50. My friend said 100, but im not so sure about it, i was thinking about 150+.

Any tips?

My ROI is 85% .

Sorry for my bad english.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great, but there no way you can have such high ROI over a large sample size. Just so you know.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:36 AM

Actually, i think he's talking about the 45 person SnG's.. so that ROI isn't as completely ridiculous as it sounds. Still high though.