Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
MrWookie47 MrWookie47 is offline
Senior Member

Location: ^^ That wookie
Default Spam and IP banning

The micro forum (and probably everyone else) has been getting a rash of spam with the following text:

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on UB? get 31% rakeback. www.instantrake.com/faq

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been banning the users one at a time, but since it's all the same site, it's likely that it's all the same person. I haven't figured out how to look up the IP address of a user, though. How do I do that so I can ban an IP, or has someone already looked into this?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Mat Sklansky Mat  Sklansky is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Spam and IP banning

I'll keep track and see if it's someone with a static ip
Old 10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
MrWookie47 MrWookie47 is offline
Senior Member

Location: ^^ That wookie

Do you want me to supply you w/ the names of the people Greg and I've banned so far, or can you get that info on your own?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:59 PM
craig r craig r is offline
Member

Location: san diego

Last saturday and sunday I banned a bunch of these guys also. Some were already banned when I went to ban them. I wish I would have kept a list though. But, they were all advertising instantrake.com.

craig
Old 10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Mat Sklansky Mat  Sklansky is offline
Senior Member

A list would speed things
Old 10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Mike Haven Mike Haven is offline
Senior Member

Location: Northern Ireland

For your amusement:

From: memberservices@ultimatebet.com
To: @hotmail.com
Subject: RE:spam
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:50:17 -0400

Dear Maria,

In order for us to be able to take the proper measures on this situation please send us the table name and/or number at which it took place.

Regards,

Karla
Customer Service Department

* * *

From: memberservices@ultimatebet.com

Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

Attached to this e-mail you will find you Transaction History for this and the last month. Please let us know where did you experienced the situation described on your original e-mail since we could not find it with the information you first included.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance.

Laura
Customer Service Department

* * *

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
AngryCola AngryCola is offline
Senior Member

Location: Wichita

UB support just keeps getting worse and worse.

Although, it was never very good to begin with.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Greg J Greg J is offline
Junior Member

Location: Baton rouge LA

I should keep a list of who i ban, and why. Most are spammers though.

This is from this post:
link

Names (most I banned):
GoldDigger
ChipsNChips22
franktheshrank
pokerstars05
pokerAAAA

Sorry that's all I got right now. There have been more.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Greg J Greg J is offline
Junior Member

Location: Baton rouge LA

Mike, seriously dude. It's party! What did you expect? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Mike Haven Mike Haven is offline
Senior Member

Location: Northern Ireland

they may be Party support-staff rejects, but it's actually UB and i expected better, for some reason

must be because i think of it as Phil's site, and he is the man