Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 09:14 AM

Default How do I get there from here?

Thought I'd mix things up with some full ring [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

With no reads on BB what is the plan for turn/river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ...

MP2 has one more BB left.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: How do I get there from here?

I fold preflop, but maybes thats causing my 17VPIP.

A, Call down.
B, Raise, Fold to 3bet.
C, Anyone else have suggestions?

I just say call down, costs us 2BB, Raise/Fold costs 2BB without SD although if were ahead we prob make 1More BB.

Call down.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 AM

I am up for smooth calling the turn and popping a non-club on the river.

Looks like BB will bet again on the river.
I just wish we could see the look on his face when he thinks you were slow-playing the flush, then sees his AQ/KQ is beat by a str8.

P.S. You ever sleep?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 AM

I'm torn between raising the turn and folding to a reraise or just calling down.

Is it spewage to raise this turn, with the intention of folding to a reraise? MP2 is going to throw his last BB in there anyway...I usually don't mind calling down here, but if MP2 does have the flush and BB doesn't we need to try to build the side pot. I think it's more likely that BB has some large pair/set hand than a flush, and has put you on top pair due to the flop raise. A turn raise in the face of the three flush would probably slow him down if he doesn't have the flush, but he'll probably pay you off on the turn raise and the river bet.

I'm interested to see the discussion. This isn't exactly in my book of plays, but it's interesting.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. You ever sleep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I have a 7 month old, so - not much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it spewage to raise this turn, with the intention of folding to a reraise? MP2 is going to throw his last BB in there anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this as well. Thing is, that MP2 will re-open the betting if he does decide to go all in and will likely face us with 2 more bets if BB reraises. If we raise he may fold a worse hand rather than calling 2 cold and BB may still raise charging us the same amount.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it spewage to raise this turn, with the intention of folding to a reraise? MP2 is going to throw his last BB in there anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this as well. Thing is, that MP2 will re-open the betting if he does decide to go all in and will likely face us with 2 more bets if BB reraises. If we raise he may fold a worse hand rather than calling 2 cold and BB may still raise charging us the same amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. Isn't MP2 closing the action with only one big bet left? I thought he couldn't do anything but call the bet from BB if you just call, and certainly couldn't reraise, and wouldn't have anything left for the river. I apologize for my density.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Isn't MP2 closing the action with only one big bet left? I thought he couldn't do anything but call the bet from BB if you just call, and certainly couldn't reraise, and wouldn't have anything left for the river. I apologize for my density.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, that's my bad. He has enough left for one more raise.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Without any other information, it would lead me to believe that the BB has AA, KK or AKc - he's playing his hand both preflop and postflop like he has a monster. Its reasonable to think that he had QQ and made a set, but realistically, if any of those paint cards are in clubs you are in trouble. That being said, you have a straight and if he doenst complete his flush or get some more help from the board, you have him cold. I'd call one bet and see what the river brings. MP2 has got nothing and is just calling to finish off his stack before he calls it a night.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:47 AM

I want to say call down, but I know I'd raise. BB doesn't know you flopped a str8, he may put you on a flush and be pumping a set. I think if I were to raise, I would call down. I don't think folding is in my plan against an unknown.