Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2003, 09:26 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Top pair no kicker agains

In the BB online 1/2 game. First hand.

7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

EP Limp, MP limp, button Limp, I free play.

Flop: 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] t [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet out, call, call, Raise

Hmm should one Fold, Raise, or call lead out?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Top pair no kicker agains

Two callers, a raiser, and you don't have much. If you happen to be ahead, you have a bunch of outs against you, and not really any draws that could help you. It might be wimpy, but I think that I am bailing at this point.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:19 AM

I would call one bet and then check fold the turn if I don't improve. This would be especially true if there were people in the game who end up playing at my tables somewhat frequently (play the same sites, limits, and times I do). You might get lucky and you don't want to get a reputation as someone who folds frequently. It would depend on how the game had been going, if I thought the raiser frequently raised with drawing hands, and how observate my opponents were. On the other hand, folding isn't a bad play.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:13 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

I bet to protect my hand, and the position raise told me I was beaten or the 4 flush was in force. Since the pot was small and I had no outs, it was time to fold.

The raiser had a gut shot straight flush draw with 2 overcards. It didn't make and an AXo took the pot down on A high. I didn't even notice the flush draw until I had hit the fold button. I kept thinking as soon as I did see it that I folded the best hand, and watch his flush not make. Sure enough he checked through the turn, river no help. I sure would have loved to 3 bet him, and punish the draws, in the end against 2 callers 1 raiser I think fold was correct.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:30 AM

I think I'd probably fold here. You could be ahead, but if you are then there are about 2000 cards that beat you. If you are behind, you probably only have two outs... and you may not have that if someone has a goofy straight draw.