Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Can you make this fold?

BB is 27/10/2
MP3 is 16/12/3
CO is 29/2/0.75
UTG+2 is 50/1/0.5 abnd who I lovingly refer to as "Johnny Coldcall". It just seemed that he was cold calling a lot of PF raises and called down a lot.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Looks like CO hit his flush too (especially given he called two cold on the flop). I went for the overcall there - probably should have just raised.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero ?

Sure looks like I'm beat, no?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Can you make this fold?

Yeah, it looks like you're beat, but I wouldn't be able to find a fold, getting 28:1.

I don't think I'd even bother trying to figure out what MP3 could have that wasn't a boat. I'd just call and then see what flopped set I lost to.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:51 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

i would three bet the flop. Not very often that I think cleaning up overs is a good idea, but here, with this pot size, i like it. U also have equity there. An ace may only be worth 1 out, but cleaning that up + equity (flush draw and bd str8) make it a good 3 bet.

I would also three bet the turn. I think that UTG+2 will call for three just the same as he'll call for two. If he's really that bad, he'll see a showdown and u could get this capped on the turn if there's another flush which would rule.

U really can't fold in this big of a pot for one bet on the river. If u were facing two, i think u could.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:04 PM

I would also three bet the turn. I think that UTG+2 will call for three just the same as he'll call for two. If he's really that bad, he'll see a showdown and u could get this capped on the turn if there's another flush which would rule.

I agree- keep hitting the raise button on the turn. If you're up against a full house, then oh well
Old 10-08-2005, 04:23 PM

you could be beat on the river but the pot is too big to fold an ace high flush for an additional bet.

Based on the circumstances i would consider 3 betting the flop with the nut flush draw.

You definately have to 3 bet the turn here.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:40 PM

The only hands I would be worried about are K2 and pocket deuces. Since K2 seems unlikely, you are left with pocket deuces. Although you may be up against quads, I would pay this off
Old 10-09-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hands I would be worried about are K2 and pocket deuces. Since K2 seems unlikely, you are left with pocket deuces. Although you may be up against quads, I would pay this off

[/ QUOTE ]

What's so unlikely about 55/44?