Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:25 PM

Default day trip to the US open- short trip report

So I decided to drive down to the Taj to check out the action.

Traffic was OK. Parked and took a walk on the boardwalk down to a hamburger place- johnny rockets. At one point all the waitresses stopped what they were doing and did a disco dance. Weird. After enjoying my $10 burger, walked back to the Taj.

Passed Norman Chad on the way back. My first brush with greatness.

Inside the Taj, they opened up a side area for overflow from the poker room. It was packed. Got to see some big names in person. Men isn't as ahort as Layne Flack always jokes about. Kathy Lieber is very blonde these days. X-22 looks person as he does on TV. Juanda was wearing his full Tilt jersey. There was always a ring of people watching the tables, so played some poker.

Got into a must move 5-10 game. After catching all my good cards for the day in the first 15 minutes of that game, got moved to the main game (on the rail). One hand came up that made me feel like an angleshooter, although I was not angleshooting at all.

I raised pf in the CO with TT, and got headsup with one of the blinds. Flop AAK. I bet and got called. Ok, I'm done with the hand. Turn is K and it's checked through. River is Q, so I'm playing the board. He checks, I turn up the TT to see if we split, and he mucks. Dealer pushes me the pot.

The incoming dealer points out what happened, and there is alot of commentary at the table. I just keep quiet. Should I throw him half the pot? No one suggested that I should, but I half felt guitly, and half felt that this was a cheap lesson for him to learn to pay attention to what the hell is going on at the table.

Missed a few agressive draws, and had a few draws come in against me. Decided to take a break for dinner and walk the friendly streets of Atlantic City.

Not really a friendly city. I was just kidding. It's rally kind of sleazy. I end up stopping at a little mexican place where everyone was 100% speaking spanish. This is usually a good sign for my taste in mexican. But true to all the mexican places I've tried in NJ, the food was not great. Does anyone know any good mexican food to be found it the garden state?

After dinner, went back to the Taj and decided to play some 2-4 and try to work on my tell reading. Unfortunately missed out on the 1 gigantic pot (family pot raised pf, heavy betting after that). A kid won it with quad 9s. At least it was a good hand that took it down.

On a side note, I've never had any special affects when playing. I decided to buy a cap ($1 from a street vendor), and it was not too bad. I also had a pair of pokerlenz glasses in my fanny pack, but never really had a reason to put them on. I was hoping there would be a chance to study some decolletage over the evening.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: day trip to the US open- short trip report

[ QUOTE ]
Should I throw him half the pot? No one suggested that I should

[/ QUOTE ]

If somehow it didn't come up, I don't think so. (I'm not sure how such a thing would be discussed without mention of him giving up a chop and someone getting bent out of shape and insisting you do it, but hey...maybe they'd all had their meds that day. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )