Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 05:22 AM

Default AK in big pot

Rate my play.

CO is 79/5.2/1.28
BB is 51/4.7/1.22

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 10-07-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: AK in big pot

I would 3bet flop and lead turn.
CO could be raising a draw and check behind on turn which would suck.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:29 AM

Yeah a free card would suck, and I really want to put more pressure on the BB with his Qx or 8x or whatever. 3 bet flop.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah a free card would suck, and I really want to put more pressure on the BB with his Qx or 8x or whatever. 3 bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

the whole point of the c/r was to put maximum pressure on BB, but yeah i understand that the CO could have been raising on a draw. however i doubt a player that loose understands the free card concept. i was confident he'd bet, but i suppose 3betting the flop would have made the most sense. OTOH if BB was on a good draw, he would probably be correct in calling 2SB there, but not 2BB. i suppose the choice of whether to 3bet the flop or c/r the turn hinges on the likelihood CO was raising for a free card. in this case i just didn't think he was and hadn't seen him play like that all session.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:24 AM

Hey. No fair posting a hand with a specific read, without giving that read. If you were sure that CO wasn't raising for a free card (not sure how you can know that), than your play was fine. If you weren't sure he would bet, you should have 3-bet the flop and led the turn.

WiteKnite