Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Any reason to continue here?

It's almost certain I'm beat on the turn, but the pot is absolutely massive. If it doesn't get raised behind me, I have to pay 2BB to see the showdown. If it does get raised behind me, I can be totally sure I'm beat and fold. Still, anyone on a club draw could outdraw me, and then the club does come, but I simply can't fold my hand for one bet there, even though it was the worst possible card to come off. Can't do it. I don't remember the reads, but the table was generally loose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
Old 10-07-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Any reason to continue here?

I fold this turn. I think you're drawing almost dead here.
CO clearly waits for the turn to raise his big hand. Probably a 5, maybe AK, 88.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:48 AM

Fold it.

Especially easy to fold these in multiway pots (even though it offers better odds), because people tend to be much more honest. Unless CO is completely insane, he knows he has to showdown better than top pair to win this. Basically, you have a 2-outer.

Best case scenario is CO has a big ace, and you have 3 ten outs, and some hidden outs for the tie (5's and K's if he has AQ etc).
Old 10-07-2005, 05:48 AM

even if i am beat, don't i have odds given all those cold calls behind the raiser to see the river hoping to hit an ace? even if a ten is no good, i believe i have crazy odds to 3 outs here (16:1) if there aren't any other aces out there. if i'm drawing to a split then the call probably isn't worth it.

the river call might be worse than the turn call, but damn, the pot was one of the biggest i'd seen in 3/6. six bucks!

edit: oops, yeah it's 2 outs, not 3. i don't think the implied odds would have gotten me to 22:1, so yes, i see the fold now.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:52 AM

In fact, with SB's donkbet and all those people calling, 2 outs is probably being generous.