Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:25 PM

Default After PFR with callers - reraise more hands?

Hiya!

I normally reraise an unknown player only with KK/AA. When I do that in position, I make the reraise about 3 times the original raise (laying about 1:2.2 odds).

In general, should one be more or less inclined to reraise preflop if there is one or more callers in the pot already?

[PFR +… C1 + … C2 +… RR]

And should one increase the size of the reraise to reflect the bigger pot size?
And should one increase or decrease ones standards for a reraise?

My thinking (which may be totally wrong) is that any extra callers after the PFR should make me MORE inclined to reraise, and that the size of my raise should be BIGGER (to give about the same 1:2+ odds), and that I can reraise with slightly WORSE hands (QQ-AA/AK). The reason being that the callers are likely to have stuff like low pockets, and will fold thus leaving dead money in the pot. And possibly, the PFR was cute with some connector and folds facing a RR and callers.

Is this OK thinking or am I way off as usual? :roll:

Best regards,
Zal3 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: After PFR with callers - reraise more hands?

And how would it be different if I'm OOP?

?
/Zal3
Old 10-06-2005, 06:05 AM

No thoughts on this issue?
Nobody at 2+2??
/Zal3
Old 10-06-2005, 07:01 AM

Your post is correct in every aspect. You should also adjust to pfrs raising standards and looseness, as well as the callers. A pfr on a full table with stats that are something like 24/15 is the perfect target, obviously because there is less risk that he actually has a hand. The perfect stakes for this move is something like $400 and $600 full, where many are nittight and unimaginative. With a raise and a couple of callers you should consider a reraise regardless of your cards, and if you have something like 68s it becomes even more attractive. At higher stakes people start doing these things more, and also opponents know that they do, so things become more complicated, and there is more risk of a playback from original PFR.

EDIT: Um, I don't mean to come off as if I constantly reraise preflop. I don't, but I always consider it.