Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Is this horrible vs unknown? AKs .5/1 6m

Second hand at the table. First hand was AJo from SB, PFR, flop and turn bet took it down. Second hand im playing just like the first? Table image?

I see way too many people checkraise the turn with draws at this level, is this just a statistical anomaly? And is the pot small enough to fold the river? Only 4 ranks?

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.
1 fold, Hero RAISES, SB folds, BB calls

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero BETS, BB calls

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero BETS, BB raises, Hero CALLS

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero CALLS

Final Pot:

One of us wins $8.75 from the main pot

(Stupid Hand converter mirror messed up sorry for no flop and turn pot sizes, im sure you can get a rough idea tho)
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Is this horrible vs unknown? AKs .5/1 6m

(grunch)

I'd be checking that turn UI. Sometimes I bet, and I call the raise, when I should fold. But I should be checking the turn, and calling a river bet UI (maybe). But I should be folding the river bet too. It's a small pot.

Also, talking about instant table image--maybe it is LAGgy to bet that turn. I dunno, I'm still a newbie, really.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:22 PM

I think you are beat here a lot. Typical 0.5/1 move is to wait for the turn to raise your trips so I sure wouldnt call the river UI.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table image?

[/ QUOTE ]
At .5/1 probably irrelevant.

[ QUOTE ]
I see way too many people checkraise the turn with draws at this level, is this just a statistical anomaly?

[/ QUOTE ]
At Party, people checkraise everything at that level. They tell themselves that flop bets are meaningless, and that only the turn will bring the rewards they seek to reap, which they acquire by checkraising.

If I do note someone checkraising the turn with nothing but a draw, I immediately add them to my buddy list.

[ QUOTE ]
And is the pot small enough to fold the river?

[/ QUOTE ] Considering the only thing that you're likely to beat is a busted draw, yes.

OTOH, if you've been able to establish that villain sometimes checkraises with nothing, a call isn't so bad.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM

The turn bet is fine, but I fold to the c/r. Worst case scenario, you're drawing dead; I believe this is the case more often than you seem to think. Best case scenario, he's semibluffing a flush draw/OESD with no pair and has about 15 outs against you. Pot is small.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 PM

If you're going to bet that turn, you have to fold to a raise. Calling that river is pretty bad.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to bet that turn, you have to fold to a raise. Calling that river is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Palabra.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I do note someone checkraising the turn with nothing but a draw, I immediately add them to my buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This is the type of player I fear most, one who will mix up aggression and keep me guessing. I prefer to play opponenents who I can safely fold to their checkraises every time.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This is the type of player I fear most, one who will mix up aggression and keep me guessing. I prefer to play opponenents who I can safely fold to their checkraises every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Call me brave or insane, but I find I can play against this kind of player very well - they use a lot of misplaced aggression. Just let me sit on their left.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Think you have to fold this on the turn.

Question is, if he calls the bet on the turn do you fire another shot on the river UI ??