Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 PM

Default heisman voting - vick/quinn value???

looking at tradesports.com (one place you can bet on heisman - probably others, and my purpose is not to tout this site).

anyhow, leinart and bush are each around 2 to 1 (i.e. take up most of the odds)...

vince young is 15 to 1 (i suppose if texas is undefeated and USC loses, he'd have a chance).

i think vick is about 40-1... and no line on brady quinn, but you can do 10 to 1 on the field right now (obviously you'd have to see all the players that are listed, but i'm not impressed by most of them).

i'm thinking USC has looked vulnerable and bush/leinart might split votes (BTW, has anyone seen bush's YPG for rushing? it's obscene.

but i have to figure vick and quinn have a chance!! bear in mind that the website is an actual market and not every market is two-sided, so these are educated guesses (vick and young especially - the USC prices are pretty tight) on my part.

special thanks to ABC-buffalo for sticking with FSU/syracuse till the bitter end and not switching to USC/Arizona (and some reason, my local sports bar couldn't get the game on satellite)... totally cursed here in toronto with syracuse and buffalo bills as our "home" teams. yuck!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: heisman voting - vick/quinn value???

[ QUOTE ]
looking at tradesports.com (one place you can bet on heisman - probably others, and my purpose is not to tout this site).

anyhow, leinart and bush are each around 2 to 1 (i.e. take up most of the odds)...

vince young is 15 to 1 (i suppose if texas is undefeated and USC loses, he'd have a chance).

i think vick is about 40-1... and no line on brady quinn, but you can do 10 to 1 on the field right now (obviously you'd have to see all the players that are listed, but i'm not impressed by most of them).

i'm thinking USC has looked vulnerable and bush/leinart might split votes (BTW, has anyone seen bush's YPG for rushing? it's obscene.

but i have to figure vick and quinn have a chance!! bear in mind that the website is an actual market and not every market is two-sided, so these are educated guesses (vick and young especially - the USC prices are pretty tight) on my part.

special thanks to ABC-buffalo for sticking with FSU/syracuse till the bitter end and not switching to USC/Arizona (and some reason, my local sports bar couldn't get the game on satellite)... totally cursed here in toronto with syracuse and buffalo bills as our "home" teams. yuck!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a play on Bush wouldn't be bad, but selloff if it looks like they might lose to ND, Cal or UCLA.

Is Brian Calhoun listed? That guy is the real deal.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM

here are the guys listed (seems they haven't updated since start of year):

HEISMAN.LIENART
HEISMAN.BUSH(R)
HEISMAN.PETERSON
HEISMAN.LEAK
HEISMAN.YOUNG
HEISMAN.HENNE
HEISMAN.HART
HEISMAN.GINNJR
HEISMAN.TATE
HEISMAN.MCNEAL
HEISMAN.BROHM
HEISMAN.CLEMENS
HEISMAN.STANTON
HEISMAN.VICK
HEISMAN.KIRSCH
HEISMAN.WRIGHT
HEISMAN.WILLIAMS
HEISMAN.MARONEY
HEISMAN.BUSH(M)
HEISMAN.FIELD

barely any of those guys have any chance...

10 to 1 on the field and you get brady quinn, shockley, calhoun, riggs (haven't paid huge attention), keller and anyone else.

here is sportsline.com heisman voting (4 commentators with 5 place voting)

bush 40 (perfect)
young 22
leinart 18
quinn 12
maroney 5 (**** long story but this is correct)
calhoun 4
keller, shockley, vick each with 1.

note on maroney: a guy has him at #3 but sportsline doesn't have it in total??? oversight or they do they just think it's such a stupid pick (obvious you can't survive one bad loss at a lesser school)
Old 10-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Vick is the most important player to his team, but he won't put up the numbers, either passing or running, to seriously contend for the Heisman. He's not quite the stat freak his brother was, plus he has 2 great backs who will carry most of the load.