Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Couple 1/2 hands

first time for me playing the 1/2 game. So these guys dont really have a read of me. I won't post my thought process at all this time... hopefully that produces some more discussion.

5 handed UTG raises, button calls and I call with QJo.
Flop is T94r, I check, utg bets and button folds I call.
Turn 9 I check, utg bets I check-raise UTG calls.
River T and I check planning to call a bet...

6 handed button open raises i call on bb with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I check-raise the guy calls.
Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bet-call.
River A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] bet-raise and i three bet planning to fold if 4bet

3 handed now I open with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from the button sb fold and bb calls.
Flop flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Opponent check-raises and I call, turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bet-raise-call.
River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] check-bet....
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Couple 1/2 hands

http://www.pokerhand.org/
Old 10-03-2005, 03:46 AM

What are you trying to say? I'm sorry but I cant convert hands from this site at least with the bisonbisons.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 AM

It's late and I am having trouble reading like that. Which site is the hand from?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:55 AM

Ladbrokes.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 AM

Does UTG bet Q high or worse in the first hand?

Is calling from the BB with 74o profitable? Will he raise the river and call a 3-bet with just one pair?

I've never played close to that limit, but those seem like all no to me. The latter two more than the first, I'd be curious to see what you think.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6 handed button open raises i call on bb with 7 4

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible.

[ QUOTE ]

River A bet-raise and i three bet planning to fold if 4bet

[/ QUOTE ]

im not a fan of any line that involves folding 2 pair HU on this board.

[ QUOTE ]

3 handed now I open with Q 7 from the button sb fold and bb calls.
Flop flop is 5 4 2
Opponent check-raises and I call, turn 3 bet-raise-call.
River 7 check-bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

so im assuming on the turn you were trying to represent the ace? fine, although I think most people would just cehck call if they were really scared of it.

after he calls the turn I think he either has an ace or isnt paying off a river bet. its probably fairly close though. because his turn bet suggests a vulnerable one pair that he was afraid to give a free card with, even at the risk of you raising if you had an ace.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 AM

ty for comments. i believ the 74 call is pretty close, if the button isin't that good you can call with pretty much every hand. On river I thought villain has AQ/AJ/AT with or without spade most of the time, or A<10 with spade. A-draw+pair is bascily a must raise on flop, as well slowplay untill river is unlikely but possible. So I came to conclusion villain either has very good hand or A and wont fold to one more bet on river....

In hand 3 it doesen't matter what card river is, just happened to be 7 this time.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:21 AM

To be honest i really dont like any of these hands. The first one seems horrendous to me, on every street. Maybe im way off, but i fold QJo to a raise PF, and your plan to call down w/ q high vs. an open raiser seems rediculous. What could he be raising with that you beat? Small pocket pair?

If im missing something please inform me, this seemse like fishy spewing to me.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In hand 3 it doesen't matter what card river is, just happened to be 7 this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

do your river bet was a bluff? I definately thought it was a value bet. what better hand is he gonna fold?