Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Aces v. paired board in .50/1

Been at the table for about 30 hands, I was playing tight aggressive (played 4 hands in that period, 99, TT, A6s in SB and the one below). Villain seemed prety standard loose-aggressive. Played a lot of ace/face rags and random connectors.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I just called preflop trying to keep the blinds in. Was my play from then on correct? Should I have just called the flop after he bet? Checked the turn after he called my flop raise?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Aces v. paired board in .50/1

Raise preflop.

After that its standard.

nh
Old 10-02-2005, 02:18 AM

Yeah, afterwards (maybe because of the paired board) I regretted not raising. But after a few pocket rockets and just winning the blinds, I gotta keep my discipline. Raise preflop with premium hands!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:28 AM

With a couple pre-flop callers, you might as well raise it up and push the blinds out. However, there's nothing in the hand to indicate that you're beaten. You played the rest fine.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With a couple pre-flop callers, you might as well raise it up and push the blinds out.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf
Old 10-02-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With a couple pre-flop callers, you might as well raise it up and push the blinds out.

[/ QUOTE ]

By just calling, you don't know what the blinds have...and when you end up with two 3s flopping on the board, you have to tread lightly. I'm much more confident calling two aces vs. pre-flop callers than blinds because with preflop callers, you can put them on some range of hands. Luckily in this hand, the BB gave away his lack of strength rather early.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:41 AM

It's good to not let blinds see free flops but when I raise with AA it's more about getting more money in the pot.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good to not let blinds see free flops but when I raise with AA it's more about getting more money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that was a given since most PF callers won't fold for a half-bet.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 AM

In the immortal word of Shaggy, "Zoinks!"

Raise pre-flop. This is really horrible. I hope someone else took the time to explain why, because I don't have the time. But seriously, that's bad.

Everything is fine after that. You can't "check the turn" since you were bet into.

Also, you said: I just called preflop trying to keep the blinds in. By just calling, you let some random hand like T3o in and hit trips.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the tips guys.

Numeri, your definately right. From now on I will make sure I don't ever let the blinds in for free when I have premium hands.

Villian mucked, my aces held up.