Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Default lagging it up, river play?

So I'm allowing myself to slip into semi-tilt, which is really more just moving into higher gears. Playing pretty LAG, which right now means bluffing a decent amount to try to set myself up for later plays.

PL100 6 max.

Decent, straight forward player raises UTG to $3.5. I haven't done anything crazy yet, haven't seen him do anything yet either, but he definitely isn't getting out of line. Folded to me in BB, I call with A5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Flop ($7): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][/b]

I check/call $7.

Turn ($20): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I lead for $18, he calls.

River ($56): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I...?

Also comments on the rest of the hand.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: lagging it up, river play?

I like the stop n go. Your gutshot makes it even better.

I value bet the river for 25 or 30. I'm only worried about AJ. Obviously fold to a raise.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:00 PM

I usually check/call.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:02 PM

Lead the river for 1/2 pot, fold to a raise. He is not gonna bet any hand you beat, but might call w/ KK-QQ since he can't be sure that A helped you.

As for the rest of the hand, I'd fold pre-flop more often than not of course, but as you're in the hand, I think it's fine. Leading the flop to try to take down the pot right there would also be fine IMO. You can't be blamed for check-folding the flop either, but I like the other alternatives better.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not likely betting any hand hero beats. Unless it's a complete bluff, but as played villian is likely to have some kind of a hand, especially since he hasn't gone out of line before.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:07 PM

Meh. I should have bet/folded, knowing he definitely has AT/AJ or QK. Instead I check, he checks. The advantage of this is that I got to showdown my crap.

Very next hand, I have JQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], button raises, I call. Flop JJ9, I check call. Turn T I lead for pot, he calls. Turn something low, I push he calls I win.