Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 AM

Default 150-300 at the borg

150-300 at the borg. about 2 weeks ago. the game is 5 handed and not that great. james282 is in the 2 seat, on his left is anouther younger guy who is good, running really really well, but playing very very tight. then me and on my left a friend of mine(FOM) who is good, at times very very agg. but i think he has been playing less agg, and given me more respect, b/c he thinks i am playing well or at least wellish. then the 10 seat who sucks, but seems to kinda know what to do but just can't get it quite right.
anyways utg, seat 10 folds, james282 open limps in the co (he said it was a misclick), button raises, I call in the sb with 4h6h. FOM 3 bets, I curse under my breath, james folds, button calls, I call.

flop is ThJh2h

I bet, FOM raises, button folds, I 3 bet, FOM calls.

turn is the 7h, whats my line?

dave
Old 10-03-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 150-300 at the borg

My gut says check-call, check-call. If you bet, you could get raised by a non-flush hand. But your check induces a bluff possibly. And if he does bet a bigger heart on turn (non-nut) he may check it behind on the end. Your check is kinda scary too b/c it could be the nuts that wants to confuse your opponent. So he may check turn behind and call your bet with a better or worse hand. So you get value and you don't face checking twice in which case he will only bet the river if he has you beat.

Jeff
Old 10-03-2005, 11:34 AM

i can't dig your preflop action, but that statement is so *yawn*
Old 10-03-2005, 11:38 AM

suited 1 gapper for 2 bets 4 ways...seemed like a good idea. i think it would be clear from the bb and is a little marginal from the sb, but i thought it was fine, maybe it is horrible, i am not sure.
dave
Old 10-03-2005, 11:39 AM

i tend to think it's too small of a hand, gapped, and worst position = [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
suited 1 gapper for 2 bets 4 ways...seemed like a good idea. i think it would be clear from the bb and is a little marginal from the sb, but i thought it was fine, maybe it is horrible, i am not sure.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are playing a hand that is a longshot to win but can win a big pot when it does, that half a bet makes a big difference.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My gut says check-call, check-call. ... he will only bet the river if he has you beat.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

then why not check call the turn and check fold the river? meta - game? but based on your description of this line, doesn't it seem like if he bets the river again you're beat almost 100% of the time. would he bet a set on turn and river? would he bet non heart Aces/kings/queens/jacks twice?

if those can occur, then yea, check call check call...if not, check call, check fold saves you a few benjis

Barron
Old 10-03-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are playing a hand that is a longshot to win but can win a big pot when it does, that half a bet makes a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially when you dont close the action.

Barron
Old 10-03-2005, 11:51 AM

in retrospect and when i actully think about it i think closing the action is the most important factor in folding this hand, cause it really sucks when it gets 3 bets.
dave
Old 10-03-2005, 11:52 AM

i think i like this a lot but there was some reason i didn't like it when i was thinking about the hand i will have to get back to you,
thanks
dave