Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Adjusting to party 3-6

So I played abs for a while and wrecked them.
But im at party now, and yes, there are a lot of terrible players. But for whatever reason, I am just under breaking even. It could just be variance, but it could also be that my play is simply at a 2-4 abs level instead of a party 3-6.

How do I adjust my play here as opposed to what is normally recommended in SH games?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Adjusting to party 3-6

Value bet.

Value bet.

Value bet.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 AM

Doing that. Specific other things?>
Old 09-30-2005, 01:32 AM

Your question is incredibly vague and you haven't given us much to work with in terms of stats. Maybe you should loosen up because you're missing a lot of +EV situations. Maybe you are limping too often and playing too loosely and need to tighten up. Who knows. Post stats if you want better responses than "value bet".
Old 09-30-2005, 01:49 AM

Vp 26%
PF Raise 16%
VPSB 36%
Folded SB to Steal 85%
Folded BB to Steal 63%
Attempts to Steal 30%
Won $ WSF 42%
Went to SD 35%
Won $ at SD 43%

Agression:
preflop 1.3
flop 2.75
turn 3.5
river 2.73
---------
total: 2.17

Im frequently following up a pre-flop raise with a flop bet. Maybe I should be checking behind on the turn more, or even checking infront? If stealing, it usually goes raise pre, bet flop, bet turn, check river. At 3-6 these guys dont usually raise the turn on me.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:57 AM

Your VPIP From the small blind resembles good play in a 1/2 BB structure, not a 1/3 structure. The $1 Small blind in the $3/$6 games requires that you tighten up a lot. Remove any two suited cards and smaller connectors. You most likely do not have the odds to call with them. Not sure for an exact target to shoot for but somewhere around 20-25% or so I believe.

Also, you could probably steal more. I would recommend around 35% in these games due to the decrease in blind money in the pot preflop.

You're also running extremely bad....43% Won$at showdown? Really? This is typically around 50-52% or so w/ your numbers.

Lozing
Old 09-30-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're also running extremely bad....43% Won$at showdown? Really? This is typically around 50-52% or so w/ your numbers.

Lozing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is very low, and sounds just like a run of bad luck. Over how many hands is this?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:04 AM

Maybe im showing down the right number of hands, just the wrong ones?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:08 AM

About 3.5k
Except the thing is, over the last 2.5 months ive had 2
-100bb swings, and 1 -200bb swing (plus the current -100bb swing). I'm wondering if there is something fundamentally wrong with my play, because for that many swings to happen isnt common in such a short time.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:17 AM

There is more variance at 3/6 SH. Last night I played for 6 hours (roughly 3500 hands also) and in the first 5 hours I was down 100 BB. In the next hour, I won 110 BB for a profit of 10 bets for the night. Your Won$at Showdown is most likely due to variance. I would take an active approach, however, and assume that it is your play. What harm can come from that?

I would post hands, and review hands posted on this site. I'm sure you're already doing that. If you think you are showing down some wrong hands, then post those hands that you are least certain about. I think that is the only way to learn. 3500 hands is statistically insignificant.

Lozing