Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 07:30 PM

Default ..lakeisha\'s cultural /racial background revealed...

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..using a popular search engine; i did verify that lakeisha is of english origin; has variants generally rhyming with leticia , and the name means : joyful; happy...

and of course i was referring to a woman who i presumed to be of irish-amercan extraction...with her puffed cheeks; and knowing she was irish; well she's either fightin' (aka n.d.); or drinkin'...

but i will admit i played a game on ya andy; because the point i was making is: rules are different for discussing issues regarding african americans; people very quickly project their racist feelings onto another; because of the gr8 shame; the intense internal pain and discomfort when visualizing slave ships, whips, chains, dehumanization...

if you read my article closely; there is actually no reference to bring a logical fact-finding person to believe that the lakeisha was of african extraction; it was the combination of recent phenomenon of 15 y.o unmarried females naming their children; both male and female with rhyming names ; starting with la. but other cultures have done this for years; and the derivation is clearly english

think about it...ya really cannot have an honest conversation regarding blacks in america; it is just too charged; and taking any position that a person is resposible for her actions , regardless of socioeconomic upbringing; very quickly brings out accusations of racism...well, i guess i was racist against irish-americans; and i do apologize...but i don't think there will be a riot about it..

think about it...i feel i've told the truth..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: ..lakeisha\'s cultural /racial background revealed...

Old 09-28-2005, 07:39 PM

Old 09-28-2005, 07:42 PM